Honey Locust Tree

/ Honey Locust Tree #41  
I have hundreds of them at my farm i girdle and spray with tordon, It will kill them , I tried gordon stump killer and got poor results. My neighbor 3 weeks ago had an acre or so cleared of locust and cedar, Guy pulled them up with an excavator while his son used a grapple on a skid steer to pile them up. Charged him 850 bucks.

/ Honey Locust Tree #42  
U.S. champion honey locust tree is 103' tall, 112' crown spread, and 247" circumference! Yikes! That's about a 6.5' diameter. Freak? Probably, but wow.

/ Honey Locust Tree
U.S. champion honey locust tree is 103' tall, 112' crown spread, and 247" circumference! Yikes! That's about a 6.5' diameter. Freak? Probably, but wow.

OMG!!!

We could make a horror movie - Godzilla and Kong v. the giant Honey Locust!!

My money is on the thorned monster!

MoKelly

/ Honey Locust Tree
Well - who could of guessed.

I got a flat in my front tire.

Plugged the hole. But - it still very slowly looses air. It goes from 20 psi to 15 psi over 8 days.

I cannot find where it’s leaking. I took the tire off, washed it completely, fully dried and then sprayed the whole thing looking for leaks. Can’t see one air bubble. I even sprayed the rims snd stem.

I guess filling it each time I use it can work - but I’d like to find the leak.

Any suggestions?

MoKelly

/ Honey Locust Tree #45  
Going to need a fair amount of soapy water and patience. A leak that slow will be hard to detect and will look like a small cluster of very small bubbles.

/ Honey Locust Tree
Going to need a fair amount of soapy water and patience. A leak that slow will be hard to detect and will look like a small cluster of very small bubbles.

Thanks. That is what I feared. I was hoping for some miracle.

John

/ Honey Locust Tree #47  
You might have a secound thorn that only leaks or leaks worse while tire is moving and flexing.

/ Honey Locust Tree #48  
X2 on the idea of @jaxs. I had one on my pickup like that and the final analysis was just old age leaking through the rubber. The tire shop that I took it to couldn't find it either.

All the best,

Peter

/ Honey Locust Tree #49  
Thanks. That is what I feared. I was hoping for some miracle.

John
A leak that slow you may want to give the green slime tire sealant a try

/ Honey Locust Tree #50  
The folks in the PowerTrac forum highly recommend Gempler's tire sealant. Might want to ask over there and see how they like it.