Hooking up my least favorite implement

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #31  
I'm thinking that for most of the work you do with the ORSI it would be only a little less handy having it on a 2 wheel trailer. It would be more of a pain to maneuver into areas but a lot less time to hook up to the tractor.

Not just any old light duty trailer either. An A frame style with tractor tires for wheels and well counter weighted. The other disadvantage would be that because the tractor would be more in front of the mower it would be easier for the tractor operator to get pelted with debris from the mower.
Several reasons that is not feasible for me and the ORSI. The operator cables for control are not long enough to use a pull behind kind of trailer. Second, it requires some very serious lateral mass and outrigger rear wheels to avoid tipover. To control the roll axis of a unit weighing over a ton. The stabilizer links that tie in to the tractor are essential, not optional. Then there would be a very long PTO shaft, etc. Not feasible.

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #32  
Holy smokes! You’re missing the fair!
Do you have any grandkids, nephews, neighborhood kids, etc… that you can hold by their ankles and lower them in there to hook up the PTO?
That’s a tight squeeze!

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #33  
Several reasons that is not feasible for me and the ORSI. The operator cables for control are not long enough to use a pull behind kind of trailer. Second, it requires some very serious lateral mass and outrigger rear wheels to avoid tipover. To control the roll axis of a unit weighing over a ton. The stabilizer links that tie in to the tractor are essential, not optional. Then there would be a very long PTO shaft, etc. Not feasible.
The hydraulics could all be moved closer to the tractor. You just need longer hoses. The PTO and the hydraulic pump could also be moved closer to the tractor.

If the ORSI is mounted solidly onto the trailer there is no need for stabilizer links. The trailer would obviously need to be built heavy enough for stability. Don't think utility trailer. Think something built out of an old pull type combine chassis with 18.4x26 tires. Fluid filled if necessary.

Very feasible. Just not cheap.

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #34  
Nope. Not sure that I can find a good picture to make it obvious to you that none of that applies.

None of the hoses connect to the tractor at all. ORSI has 2 pumps of it's own, integral parts of the machine. It is the control cables that would not reach.

No, the PTO pumps cannot be moved closer to the tractor as they are integral to and part of the machine.

One COULD get a big long PTO shaft to go with the long control cables. Then hard-mount the ORSI machine to the A-frame 2 wheel trailer we visualize having made.

Then make sure that trailer will not tip over with a 17ft arm and heavy mower out on the end while the cart is hauling the one ton machine. We already know it CAN tip the 9000lb tractor so I guess we make a trailer weighing in excess of 9000lbs (or bettwer yet counter weighted to one side.) If you run the wheels/axle of that A-frame trailer out wider than those of the tractor (they'd have to be MUCH wider unless this trailer itself outweighs the ORSI by a bunch,,,) then you directly subtract from the reach of the mower arm... unless you use substitutes for the stabilizer arms to tie the new trailer to the tractor to prevent tipping.

You do all that, there is only possible degradation of performance (reach) and no possibility of improved function.

You might as well have hooked the thing to the tractor the way it was designed.

The more I think about it , imagine how unwieldy this contraption (tractor plus trailer) would be compared to the tractor with mounted ORSI alone. Backing, maneuvering, ... forget it.

Your one idea that is/was of interest is some way to trailer mount ORSI and make it really quick and easy to hook to the tractor -- just the PTO and long control cables and a pull hitch. When thought the rest of the way through -- not feasible.

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #35  
Did a search for Twose and found this thread. PM Lou the OP and asked him some questions.
Ended up buying a 1998 Twose 395, 13’ reach 39” flail Hedge Trimmer. Too new to me to be a pain to attach but I suppose it will get old. My tractor is twice the size of the minimum so it handles it well.
IMG_1842.jpeg
IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1821.jpeg

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #36  
Boy am I glad I don't have to deal with that type of implement. The farmer adjacent to my hay fields has a side mount and he does the ditch banks for me. Not something I'd want to deal with at all. He has a really big one btw.

If I did have one, I believe it would stay on a tractor all the time and never get dismounted.

Bad enough hooking up my new Kubota BV round baler. 4 remote hookups plus a dump to tank hookup plus the miserable European PTO shaft.

/ Hooking up my least favorite implement #37  
Yes, I strongly considered buying a very large old clunker of a 4WD tractor that I could just use for cutting with the ORSI and nothing else. LEAVE it mounted on there permanently. But the downsides were having to maintain another tractor, a fresh new storage problem, etc. Besides I just turned 80 and decided I could do all the trim mowing I needed using the FEL mounted Lane Shark. No where near the reach or capability of the ORSI but so much easier to get on and off for one person. SO, I sold my ORSI about 6 weeks ago. Hated to let it go as they are such versatile, robust and well designed tools. But all things considered, I sold it.