Hooks on Bucket

/ Hooks on Bucket #21  
I went this homebrew welded route.
Easy to sling/support unwieldy loads in the bucket; you can see the chain under the MMM and then looped over the tractor to the grabhooks

Attachments

• rsz_14601.jpg
    rsz_14601.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 199
  • hook2.jpg
    hook2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
   / Hooks on Bucket #22  
I would suggest welding hooks onto a solid steel plate then bolt the plate to the loader. That way if you ever needed to you could remove them very easily. I welded 3 hooks onto some scrap 3/8" steel plate that already had some holes in it and bolted it in place with 4 Grade-5 bolts I already had. I have used these hooks more times in the last 6 months then I can count ! Them and a piranha bar completes my FEL.

Boomer-54D-1a.jpghooks-54d-2.jpghooks-54d-1.jpg

/ Hooks on Bucket #23  
Kens sells weld on hooks also. I bought an excavator hook, and 2 weld on 5/16 hooks and welded on to my bucket. Your bucket has a 1/4" top plate like mine. You can just weld the hooks right to the top plate.

20170712_160219.jpg

/ Hooks on Bucket
good idea Thanks.

/ Hooks on Bucket
I would suggest welding hooks onto a solid steel plate then bolt the plate to the loader. That way if you ever needed to you could remove them very easily. I welded 3 hooks onto some scrap 3/8" steel plate that already had some holes in it and bolted it in place with 4 Grade-5 bolts I already had. I have used these hooks more times in the last 6 months then I can count ! Them and a piranha bar completes my FEL.

View attachment 633936View attachment 633938View attachment 633937

Good Idea Thank You

/ Hooks on Bucket #26  
I sort of did my own thing.... I could make these for about 1/3 the cost of "other" options...

About 2 feet of 2 X 1/4 inch angle iron, 6 bolts (grade 8), 6 nuts, 12 flat washers, 6 lock washers...

Dale

The slots in angle iron is a great idea.
I will do it too!
Most times though, I use my EA Q/A forks for lifting, or my L48 BH for lifting/dragging.

Last edited:
   / Hooks on Bucket #27  
Good Idea Thank You

You are welcome. I think some people do not realize that it can be pretty easy to develop several thousands of pounds of tension when connecting a chain from a bucket to some hard to move/heavy object. Unless the bucket is made of very heavy hardened steel they can be warped out of shape by mistake. A heavy duty plate across the top will help distribute those forces over a much larger surface area making it a lot harder to injure the bucket.

/ Hooks on Bucket #28  
What I did is kinda, sorta like in the picture of post #19.....

I bolted a flat strap with a welded D ring inside and top side flange of the bucket. In line with the loader arms.

I use a pair of trailer safety chains with a hook on each end. The rings and chains are rated for more than my loader will lift. So I feel I'm good to go.
The 4' trailer chains will fit through the D rings, so I can choke a hook up as close to the underside of the Piranha tooth bar as I need to.

The 4 D rings assemblies, 2 safety chains, nuts, bolts, washers all for about $40 CDN...

Every ones needs will be different, but this works well for me.

/ Hooks on Bucket #30  
You are welcome. I think some people do not realize that it can be pretty easy to develop several thousands of pounds of tension when connecting a chain from a bucket to some hard to move/heavy object. Unless the bucket is made of very heavy hardened steel they can be warped out of shape by mistake. A heavy duty plate across the top will help distribute those forces over a much larger surface area making it a lot harder to injure the bucket.
Very true. Also everyone should remember that FEL loaders are not intended to be side loaded, twisted, etc. Situations that can happen if not secured and centered properly.