How About a Horn?

/ How About a Horn?
Guess I'm lucky... My neighbors like shooting guns, use big noisy tools and have a get-er-done attitude, and if you are city dude and complain they suggest you move back into city...

Dale

/ How About a Horn? #33  
Salt kind of got the best of my piddly horn.
I had an old burglar siren kicking around so I wired that under the hood.
So now if I want to get somebody's attention I sure can.
(like move your car)

/ How About a Horn? #34  
Salt kind of got the best of my piddly horn.
I had an old burglar siren kicking around so I wired that under the hood.
So now if I want to get somebody's attention I sure can.
(like move your car)

My L48 has a pair of "piddly" horns.
They were inop, but I cleaned them up, and they work now.
Probably should buy something better/louder, just for the he11 of it.

/ How About a Horn? #35  
Was involved a a few work parties with the cabbed tractor and could have used a horn. One time we were stacking railroad ties at the range and it's hard to believe how oblivious some folks can be.

Where I'd really like to have an outrageously loud horn is in my daily driver. Recently there's been a rash of drivers too involved with their cell phones at traffic lights.

/ How About a Horn? #36  
Was involved a a few work parties with the cabbed tractor and could have used a horn. One time we were stacking railroad ties at the range and it's hard to believe how oblivious some folks can be.

Where I'd really like to have an outrageously loud horn is in my daily driver. Recently there's been a rash of drivers too involved with their cell phones at traffic lights.

Worst electronic invention of the decade, cell phones. Number one cause of distracted driving and 'accidents'. In reality the word 'accident' should be replaced with something else because 99% of accidents aren't accidents at all but on purpose crashes, excerbaited by contributing circumstances and cell phones are number 1, followed by driving under the influence.

Most states have enacted laws against cell phone use while driving but that don't seem to stop the offenders anyway. If I was LE, I'd need a pile of citation books.....

/ How About a Horn?
Worst electronic invention of the decade, cell phones. Number one cause of distracted driving and 'accidents'. In reality the word 'accident' should be replaced with something else because 99% of accidents aren't accidents at all but on purpose crashes, excerbaited by contributing circumstances and cell phones are number 1, followed by driving under the influence.

Most states have enacted laws against cell phone use while driving but that don't seem to stop the offenders anyway. If I was LE, I'd need a pile of citation books.....

Only cell phone in our family is one wife carries in her purse TURNED OFF to be use incase she is in a emergency situation...
Dale

/ How About a Horn? #38  

Agree that wrecks involving cell phones and/or "under the influence" should be charged as deliberate & serious crimes instead of as accidents. That may sound rough, but that's the way I feel too.

Back to the horn. I've no problem having one on the tractor...after all, nobody is forcing me to use it and it does come in handy to get attention. It doesn't need to be loud; the stock one on our big JD backhoe is surprisingly soft but still loud enough.

I did disconnect the backup horn. It is so loud I had trouble concentrating while backing up and am not sure that my lack of concentration makes anyone safer.

That loud backup horn making so much noise has got to be incredibly obnoxious to neighbors. Luckily it is easy to modify how much sound it puts out. Thinking it thru, maybe it would be better to put the backup horn on a switch to be able to select that function or not.
rScotty

/ How About a Horn? #39  
I see texting and operating a cell phone no different in redirecting ones attention than the two inch thick manuals worth of complication in your vehicles fancy stuff! Not too mention HUGE automated billboards that distract ones attention.

If you want to drive and asemble one of those model boats in the bottle that should be your business, BUT if you hit someone, you should pay dearly, let's not concern ourselves with why.

/ How About a Horn? #40  
None of this Road Runner Beep Beep!
+++
I want an Ahh-ooga horn.. Not one of the cheap ones... A good quality one..