How do I find the hole?

/ How do I find the hole? #51  
We have a number of wasp and hornet species around here. Most are pretty benign and will not bother you unless you disturb their nest, they don't bother me and I don't bother them.
Yellow jackets are another story, they will pester you and try to share your lunch if you are eating outside, in general a often painful nuisance. I tend not to have much tolerance for yellow jacket nests near the house and yard.

/ How do I find the hole? #52  
Unless you are allergic I can't figure out why you're so scared of getting stung anyways. It may hurt for a couple of hours yet is that any worse than the angst which you currently seem to be going through?

Let me acquaint you with a new word. *********.

I'm not "allergic" as in anaphylactic shock kind of allergic, but twice in my life I have ended up in the ED after being stung (in "just" 4 places most recently, and what seemed like 100 but was probably less than 10 times, 40+ years ago).

/ How do I find the hole? #53  
Let me acquaint you with a new word. *********.

I'm not "allergic" as in anaphylactic shock kind of allergic, but twice in my life I have ended up in the ED after being stung (in "just" 4 places most recently, and what seemed like 100 but was probably less than 10 times, 40+ years ago).

It's a bit different if you have a medical reason. I also didn't say go out and see how many times you can get stung; yet some people are deathly afraid of it for some reason. On several occasions back in my younger days I found myself walking into a hornet's nest to retrieve some piece of equipment which somebody dropped because they got stung. For some reason they rarely bother me, I suspect it's because I'm not scared of them.
When I do get stung it itches for a couple of hours then goes away; contrast that to blackfly bites, they swell up and I have them for weeks.

/ How do I find the hole? #54  
Dawn dish soap in a sprayer will drop them like a rock. I didnt believe it but I tried it on a hornets nest on the corner of my house and now that is all I use

Youtube has plenty of footage

+1. If you want to live dangerously, use brake cleaner. in a spray can.

/ How do I find the hole? #55  
It's a bit different if you have a medical reason. I also didn't say go out and see how many times you can get stung; yet some people are deathly afraid of it for some reason. On several occasions back in my younger days I found myself walking into a hornet's nest to retrieve some piece of equipment which somebody dropped because they got stung. For some reason they rarely bother me, I suspect it's because I'm not scared of them.
When I do get stung it itches for a couple of hours then goes away; contrast that to blackfly bites, they swell up and I have them for weeks.

Been there and did that. My eyes swelled shut from the bites. Nice little buggers.;

/ How do I find the hole? #56  
Do any nights get cool enough where they might be a little lethargic?
How close to the tree have you mowed so far?
Could you lunge in with a string trimmer and do a small pass a night (having a spotter along of course)
Poking around with a long stick?

/ How do I find the hole? #57  
Is it in a position you could take in a propane weed burner and clear the area and at the same time it would keep the little bastards at bay?
Then locate and annihilate?

/ How do I find the hole? #58  
Don't know what the climate is like in Lower Uncton, but around here it's not the time of year to be using a propane weed burner!

/ How do I find the hole? #59  
Having been stung by 29 of the little demons while mowing I can tell you it is no fun. I got through it okay but was sick and hurting for 2 days. Yes EMS was called and yes saw my doc. DO NOT PLAY with those things. Gasoline down the hole twice and yes the ground rumbled plus fire shot up from a second hole. Be safe / be careful

/ How do I find the hole? #60  
The Wife is deathly allergic to bee, wasp and hornet stings. Epi-Pens cost $600 now and requires a yearly office visit to the Dr to get a refill prescription. I kill every wasp and hornet I see but leave the honeybees alone because they have never really bothered us. I provide the bees lots of clover and flowers to keep them occupied.