How far and high can I throw snow?

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #11  
I ran a 60in 3pt blower with my b7800 - similar horsepower. 50in would probably be better. Works very well on hard surfaces, ok on gravel. It’s hard to say exactly how much better it is than pushing/piling. For a large area like a parking lot I don’t think it would help at all. For anything less than 20ft wide (especially if you can blow to both sides) I would guess you could handle something like 4 times the volume of snow - in less time. Depending on the snow it’ll land anywhere from right next to tractor to about 20ft away. On average, most of it probably lands 10-15 ft away. When it’s really wet it’s more like 5-10. Even though shipping to Alaska is probably expensive, I think you’d be happy! Only significant downside is cost and having to look/drive backwards. I still use the bucket for about 20% of the clearing I do.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #12  
the professional models blow snow farther than the home owner models, impeller clearances are tighter and improve performance. the hardest part will be blowing the wide open spaces since you will have to blow the snow multiple times.

blowers work great on a drive way. two passes and the snow is gone it never builds up, there are no banks to push back. you won't be able to blow the snow 250" straight up in the air but it will solve your issue of banks needing to get pushed back.

open spaces would be better plowed with a plow then you blow the pile off to the side. but that is a large area with a large total amount of snow fall.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #13  
I had a PUMA 64 homeowner pronovost snow blower with my b7800 tractor and I now have a pro model with my L4740 and the pro model is much better at blowing snow. the puma needed to be run at 540 PTO rpm to get any distance out of it where as I can run the PXPL at 2000 rpm instead of 2650 rpm and get a decent distance out of it.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #14  
damn, 37 % income tax, 15% sales tax and around 3000$ / year property tax. If only I could work from home I would move to alaska.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #15  
With a decent blower, and full engine speed, expect to throw snow 15-20 feet up, and 30-40 feet away at best. Slush will not go as far. If you've blown slush, may sure to run the blower dry, shut off the engine, then clean out the blower, so it does not freeze up for next time.

I used to make fun piles for the kids by approaching the pile, and reducing throttle as I neared, so the stream always ended in the same spot. A four foot high pile from a single pass was possible. More passes, higher pile.
same experience here.
20' arc with distance of 40' when temp in the -10c or colder.
Slushy i generally get 1/2 the arc and 1/3 of the distance

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #16  
Depends on the moisture content of snow...wet snow doesn't throw far...15' or so...really wet, maybe less.
Powder can go a long way...30-40 feet, easy. But if the wind is going the wrong direction, it's like a snow squall.
I think a snow blower (maybe 48", maybe 60") would be advisable in your situation.
If your tractor doesn't have a cab, obviously you'll want to dress appropriately. Ski googles (tinted) help a lot too

Last edited:
   / How far and high can I throw snow? #18  
Roy is liking his cab .!
You bet I am!!

After years of snow blowing with an open station and getting covered (although I was dressed for the weather), a cab makes life easier.

I still use tinted ski googles though. I prefer to clear snow before daybreak, but that's not always possible...the googles, even with a cab tractor, really keep the glare to something reasonable

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #19  
I still use tinted ski googles though

Perfect! Surfing the web in your warm cab, while you blow snow!

/ How far and high can I throw snow?
Thanks for the replies, guys. Next issue will be can I find one in Alaska with all the shortages.