Snow How goes your snow?

/ How goes your snow? #11  
I've lived in my place for going on my 4th winter. At the time we were building I ordered a BX2230 with the FEL knowing the driveway would be long (650 ft) and wide open. I used the FEL and it did the job.

Finally this fall I got a RMSB to help me. At times I was overmatched with the driveway getting drifted in and would call the neighbor for help.

The 1st storm last week was 15". I am figuring out how to not chew the gravel up but the time I spent was about 1/2 what I would have been out there for without the RMSB.

/ How goes your snow? #12  
Any pix of the great white stuff? Every one of the systems that has been dumping snow has only brought rain to north central WV. I need some pix to get my fix!:D

Thanks Guys..........
Swmpbgy1

/ How goes your snow?
crazyal said:
Last year when we got that dumping on Valentines day I knew I needed to get a tractor and blower. Having just built this house on top of a hill with about 1/2 mile of twisty gravel driveway it seams like there's always something to buy. I have an old Army Corps International 4wd dumptruck that I've used for the last couple of years.

I'm getting to hate snow. I know once I get a tractor that will change. This year we've had enough snow to where I'm starting to worry about places to put it. My Case backhoe is just too heavy to be driving up and down the snow covered road even with chains. Anyway I'm jelious, lol/

Crazyal, nice to see another norhtern VT'er on here. Are you NW or NE VT?
j

/ How goes your snow?
swmpbgy1 said:
Any pix of the great white stuff? Every one of the systems that has been dumping snow has only brought rain to north central WV. I need some pix to get my fix!:D

Thanks Guys..........
Swmpbgy1

I'll try to snap some pics for you. But all I've got is a little point-n-shoot POS camera, but we'll see what happens.
j

/ How goes your snow? #15  
[I am figuring out how to not chew the gravel up but the time I spent was about 1/2 what I would have been out there for without the RMSB.[/QUOTE]

Though I don't have any experience with rear mounted snowblowers, one member suggested shortening the top link just enough to rais the cutting edge of the snowblower a bit. I'm not sure if that would make it ride up on the snow, or not, but it might be worth a try, and might keep you from eating so much gravel with the blower.
Chuck

/ How goes your snow? #16  
swmpbgy1 said:

Thanks Guys..........
Swmpbgy1

Here you go! This is my place in NH this morning..
Chuck

Attachments

• WinterSnow 010.jpg
    WinterSnow 010.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 451
  • WinterSnow 018.jpg
    WinterSnow 018.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 378
  • WinterSnow 022.jpg
    WinterSnow 022.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 376
   / How goes your snow? #17  
Just finished removing snow off from roof, expecting rain / freezing rain on Sunday! We have had four storms in the past seven days, so maybe we will have a rest for a few days after Sunday. Like snow, but can live without winter rains.

Attachments

• snow on roof.jpg
    snow on roof.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 334
  • walkway.jpg
    walkway.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 314
  • road.jpg
    road.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 330
  • bota resting.jpg
    bota resting.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 355
   / How goes your snow? #18  
ChuckinNH said:
[I am figuring out how to not chew the gravel up but the time I spent was about 1/2 what I would have been out there for without the RMSB.

Though I don't have any experience with rear mounted snowblowers, one member suggested shortening the top link just enough to rais the cutting edge of the snowblower a bit. I'm not sure if that would make it ride up on the snow, or not, but it might be worth a try, and might keep you from eating so much gravel with the blower.
Chuck[/QUOTE]

Chuck,
You definitely want to shorten the top link until the cutting edge of the blower is about 1 1/2 inches or so off the ground. Do this until you get a nice frozen surface and then if you want to lower it you won't pick up much gravel. And, of course, always keep a few shear bolts handy.
Have fun.

/ How goes your snow? #19  
WayneB said:
Just finished removing snow off from roof, expecting rain / freezing rain on Sunday! We have had four storms in the past seven days, so maybe we will have a rest for a few days after Sunday. Like snow, but can live without winter rains.

Wayne, when you say "just finished removing snow off roof", you meant your two full time maintenance workers, right? :D :D

/ How goes your snow? #20  
rpraymond said:
I used to plow my driveway, about 500', but if we had a snowy winter it would get to the point where I too had nowhere to put it. The blower solved all of that plus there is no debris to clean up in the spring and no gouges in the lawn. For my driveway it's the only way to go. Now I like snow!

I've always been a "like the snow but not the cold" type of person. I like playing with the snow (and dirt and rocks). It's just a matter of time before I'll pick up a 3240 with a front blower. I like plowing it in the middle of winter so I can get nice and close to the gravel. Letting a layer of snow build up doesn't work too well on the steeper sections of the driveway. If I do I have to sand more often only to have fresh snowfall cover it back up again. It's the spring and fall on the unfrozen ground and the really big dumps that's killing me.

swmpbgy1 you're more than welcome to come up and get your fill. We have a little over 2 feet here at the moment. StrangeRanger I'm in Jeffersonville, not too far from you. I'll try to get out tomorrow and take a few pictures. If I can find it I'll also post a pic from last year of the GF's 04 trailblazer with the snow even with the top of her side veiw mirrors, 46" here in one storm. After that day I feel sorry for all those over in Western NY with the lake effect snow.