Snow How goes your snow?

/ How goes your snow? #31  
It pains me to see the pictures. I spent a few years working outside in the cold and snow. It was always great to get back to the South even though even the South could be pretty nasty at times. My hat's off to the folks with the strength and persistence to have settled the Northern areas. I'm continually impressed with the preparation and hard work it takes to continue to deal with the cold and snow. Congratulations! Enjoy the snow! Stay safe and warm.

/ How goes your snow? #32  
Harry c said:
It pains me to see the pictures. I spent a few years working outside in the cold and snow. It was always great to get back to the South even though even the South could be pretty nasty at times. My hat's off to the folks with the strength and persistence to have settled the Northern areas. I'm continually impressed with the preparation and hard work it takes to continue to deal with the cold and snow. Congratulations! Enjoy the snow! Stay safe and warm.

I am occaisonally perplexed as to why my family setteled here in Wisconsin 150 years ago.... only good reason I've come up with was the old ice houses on the lakes, cut ice stored under saw dust = cold beer in July!!

/ How goes your snow? #33  
Rebel said:
I could sure use a Snow Blower right about now!

To make things worse the Weather Service has posted a high wind warning for tonight and Sunday with winds to 60 mph :eek:

Is that the opening shots of next seasons "Ice Road Truckers" on Discovery? At least with all the trees around the house I don't see any drifting.

/ How goes your snow? #34  
Have had more snow already this year than all of last year! As a matter of fact, it hadn't even snowed by this time last year. Anyway cleaned up the crusty remains of blown snow today and my Kubota rear blower was a real champ. Chomped up the crusty top and blew all away without trouble. Thought I had better re-establish a good base after freeze and thaw cycles, before a couple more inches predicted for tonight and a couple more tomorrow. Looking forward to clearing them up too. :D

/ How goes your snow? #35  
We got another 8 to 10" again today. Air was calm enough to take a couple pics. If we get much more....... i'm not sure where we're gonna put it all !

NewYears08012.jpg

NewYears08010.jpg

/ How goes your snow? #39  
A warm spell turned our snow to ice before I got the new blower ready.
Today was my first run. Cleaned up the 600m lane way quickly.
Since then a strong north wind has done some drifting, so I get to play again in the morning.

/ How goes your snow? #40  
Hi Tig,

Saw your video. Your blower really throws a good distance. Going to Cornwall tomorrow and will check out truckstop for additives. Have heard there's a new TSC store there and will check it out as well. Saving the latest snowfall for when I get back :D