How long have you been in the seat and first tractor

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #21  
Dad turned me loose at age 14? on about 150 acres to be tilled with his Case 970 Agri king running a Howard rotavator.

Hood was over my head, But I was really happy he trusted me with that big powerful machine.

Last edited:
   / How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #22  
At twelve I was driving my Dad's one ton Chevy P/U. It rode every bit as rough as any tractor. My first tractor was when we moved from AK down on the property here. It was a brand new 1982 Ford 1700 4WD. In 2009 I traded it for a new Kubota M6040.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #23  
About 1964 on a Fergusson TEF 20 and Fordson Major, then moved to the Land of Oz and lived in suburbia until 2002, shortly after that got a Grey Fergie with a grader which I didn't enjoy and didn't use much, about four years ago we needed an arena so bought a Kubota BX2370 with FEL, what a pleasure it was after the bum busting Fergie, built the arena and mastered the FEL which I had never used before, a few months ago with the impending move to more acres and round bales needed to feed the horses we bought the Kioti DK5810 with FEL with 4 in 1 bucket and hayspikes on the eurohitch, I loved the Kubota but it was a bit too small for the new place, aalso have a grader, rake, harrows, single tine ripper with pipe layer and auger, I'm sure that collection will grow.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #24  
I was about 10 when I grew enough leg to push the clutch on Dad's WC. About '57. I mowed about 5 acres this week getting ready to work it up with an old JD cover-crop disc and a home made harrow.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #25  
What a cool thread! :thumbsup:

I think I was about 6 years old and visiting my uncle in Canistota, SD. I remember him putting me in the driver's seat all alone (probably not) and I 'moved' his tractor. Can't find pics and have no idea what was the tractor, but it was BIG. I do remember him trying not yell at me to turn away from the ditch I was heading towards.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #26  
1959, the Farmall C was only 9 years old, pulling a small square baler. Would have been 1958 but I went and got my knee busted up. Age? 13.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #27  
Since Thanksgiving, 2019, Kubota, clueless, learning.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #28  
According to this picture, I was 10.....It's a National Mower the guy my dad worked for had. Paid me 30 cents/hr to cut his grass.

national_.jpg

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #29  
About 1956, age 7. A WD45 which was great because of the hand clutch.

/ How long have you been in the seat and first tractor #30  
Dad turned me loose at age 14? on about 150 acres to be tilled with his Case 970 Agri king running a Howard rotavator.

Hood was over my head, But I was really happy he trusted me with that big powerful machine.

I was in my twenties before I ran a large tractor. It was one of the original center pivot 4wd John Deere's can't remember the model number. I thought that thing was massive!!!