how many GPM is needed

/ how many GPM is needed #11  
Hydraulic flow for tractor wouldn’t even be on my pro/con list. They’re all going to do the job they were meant for and none of them are going to run skid steer implements.

/ how many GPM is needed #12  
When I was shopping for a post hole digger years ago I checked out hydraulic diggers. My 37 hp Kubota is rated at 7.8 gpm. Diggers I looked at required 12 to 20. Hydraulic snow blowers seem to have similar requirements.

/ how many GPM is needed #13  
I'm shopping 40-50 hp hobby farm tractor like Kubota, TYM, Mahindra, Kioti new and used. Trying to compare apples to apples I see hydraulic gpm varies a lot. What is a good number for this size? Some tractor have 2 pumps - 1 dedicated to steering, so what's a good number for that one too? Thanks for any help.
My Kioti dk4710se hst has 16.19 gpm which for a small tractor is pretty darn good.
Of course the downside is if you spring a leak it doesn't take long to pump it all out.
New holland workmaster 50HP has 12 gpm
Kubota L 5030 has a total flow of 14.7 but they split it up funny, I think steering gets 4.9 and the rest for everything else.
TYM 4994 is at 14.5 gpm
Mahindra 2645 is like 8.sumpin gpm
Mahindra's M power 85 HP is just over 19 gpm Mahindra isn't about GPM I guess. Their tractors are plenty heavy, but it seems a bit slow.

/ how many GPM is needed #14  
I'm surprised so many of you think the size of the hydraulic flow isn't a big deal.

It's a big deal to me, as the higher the flow, the better everything that runs off the hydraulics works! Especially the loader, as it makes a big difference when you are doing two functions at once, like lift and curl at the same time.

It isn't the biggest thing I look at, but it's up there...

SR

/ how many GPM is needed #15  
High flow takes power, costs money, and causes heat. If you can use the flow then spend the money. Be sure it is a well designed product with ample cooling.

/ how many GPM is needed #16  
I'm surprised so many of you think the size of the hydraulic flow isn't a big deal.

It's a big deal to me, as the higher the flow, the better everything that runs off the hydraulics works! Especially the loader, as it makes a big difference when you are doing two functions at once, like lift and curl at the same time.

It isn't the biggest thing I look at, but it's up there...

SR

Some tractors use cheap valves that won’t curl and lift at the same time. I’d be way more concerned about that vs hydraulic flow.

/ how many GPM is needed #17  
My Kioti dk4710se hst has 16.19 gpm which for a small tractor is pretty darn good.
Of course the downside is if you spring a leak it doesn't take long to pump it all out.
New holland workmaster 50HP has 12 gpm
Kubota L 5030 has a total flow of 14.7 but they split it up funny, I think steering gets 4.9 and the rest for everything else.
TYM 4994 is at 14.5 gpm
Mahindra 2645 is like 8.sumpin gpm
Mahindra's M power 85 HP is just over 19 gpm Mahindra isn't about GPM I guess. Their tractors are plenty heavy, but it seems a bit slow.

Virtually every tractor has a dedicated steering circuit and some are more clear about it than others. I’d be very surprised if the kioti actually has a 16 gpm auxiliary flow.

/ how many GPM is needed #18  
If you compare similar tractors....the flow is all gonna be similar. Because manufactures arent in a spec war on hydraulic flow like they are loader lift capacities and 3PH capacities and such. They arent gonna reinvent the wheel.

But it is hard to compare apples to apples, because as mentioned, some manufactures use multiple pumps and give you the sum of flows. Others just give the implement flow.

But for implements, they are all gonna be around the 8-10gpm mark. And likely no real world noticeable difference if comparing similar machines. Problem is.....comparing by HP can get you a VAST difference in machine size and capability. Especially in the 40-50HP range. For example....the 2000 series deere (2038r) is knocking on 40hp. Its small, weighs a little over 2000lbs, loader lift 1100, 3ph lift 1300....and has 5.3gpm. The 3000 series (3046r) is mid 40's for HP, just shy of 3000lbs, and 8.6gpm. Then all the way up to the 5000 series tractors can be had in the 40-50hp range with the 5045e at over 5000lbs, and physically dwarfs the smaller ones.

IF you need flow requirements that exceed the 8-10gpm of the typical 40-50hp machine......simply get a PTO pump. Tractors, for their size and HP.....have relatively small pumps. Because they arent geared toward running high demand hydraulics like skidloaders are. Thats what they have a PTO for. Most tractor implements run off the PTO. But with 40hp at the PTO.....you can get up around 20GPM off a PTO pump @ 2500psi as long as you dont ALSO need the HP to drive the machine at the same time

/ how many GPM is needed #20  
IF you need flow requirements that exceed the 8-10gpm of the typical 40-50hp machine......simply get a PTO pump. Tractors, for their size and HP.....have relatively small pumps. Because they arent geared toward running high demand hydraulics like skidloaders are. Thats what they have a PTO for. Most tractor implements run off the PTO. But with 40hp at the PTO.....you can get up around 20GPM off a PTO pump @ 2500psi as long as you dont ALSO need the HP to drive the machine at the same time
You make that sound so easy... just "simply" get a PTO pump...

First off, have you priced one? They aren't cheep! Secondly, what about everything you need to use it?? That's a whole other expense like tank, hoses, valves ect....plus everything else that goes with it to make it work.

There's nothing much simple about it at all...

SR