• IMG_7242.jpeg
    IMG_7242.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #22  
I need a lot more tractors ! :oops:

Maybe we should start a new thread ? How many implements do you own? :LOL:
Holy crap. That would take awhile

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor?
Couldn’t possibly get by with one. Had 4, currently have 3, would like a 4th again.
The 4th would just have my CX-15 attached to it and be used only for mowing/snowplowing.
The other 3 for hay farming.
One is always hooked to the big square baler-wouldn’t want it any other way. Another hooked to hay mower. These attachments are not much fun to attach/detatch.

Also have (2) 72” zero turns.

A tracked skid loader/teleskid would be great, too.

Would have to hit it big with $$ to afford the 4th and the tele-skid
I hear ya!

Yeah, sometimes I keep one tractor hooked up with a cutter, and another with bale spears just to use them that way and keep from hooking up again.

I DO have a tracked skid steer, and it's unbelievably useful around here. (y)

If I have both of my tractors engaged elsewhere, I even use it to move or put out round bales.

Hay Dude made a great point about having a skid steer as a compliment to multiple tractors as well! (y)

A good tracked skid steer can take a load off of wear and tear tractors shouldn't get anyway.

Like digging a pond...

9JbP1ys.jpg

Or clearing thick brush from an old oil well for plugging operations to start.

xFEXisI.jpg

K7eCmsP.jpg

qhoFXFs.jpg

Keeps my tractors from doing things they shouldn't, and keeps them in better condition. :LOL:

8plpAYp.jpg

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #25  
I would imagine most people who farm (contract or personal) for a living would tend to have more than one. (Though as many mentioned, similar equipment may make more sense depending on chores).

We have a small farming and forestry business, but it is a labor of love, not a way to survive. We have one. If we felt the need for another (and to part with more cash) it would likely be a Bobcat (or what people call skid loaders nowadays).

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #26  
Two:

Have a new Kioti CK2610 that I wish I bought 6 years ago when I bought the property I live on now.

Kubota BX2200 that I bought from the previous owner of the property. No bucket but has mower deck, bagger and front end snowblower. It's main use now is taking care of snow and keeping the road around the property clear for maple syrup season. It also tows the sap collection tank. I no longer need it for mowing after purchasing a Ferris ZT.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #27  
My old Kubota L3650, Bobcat 763G and my Craftsman DGS6500. Yes I could use more but maybe next year.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #28  
Whittle my herd of tractors and construction equipment down to two multi-use machines. Sometimes miss the old iron but maintenance cost have soared. Down sizing, trying to retire and smell more roses. Tractors are necessary for our farm maintenance and lifestyle.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #29  
No tractors, now we have something better. The Bobcat V417 compact telehandler:

20230702_103010.jpg

P4110068.JPG

And the Bobcat G Series Toolcat:

P5150023.JPG

P7250001.JPG

And this that I put together:

P8171921.JPG
PC190009.JPG

Last edited:
No tractors, now we have something better. The Bobcat V417 compact telehandler:

View attachment 832431
View attachment 832432

And the Bobcat G Series Toolcat:

View attachment 832433
View attachment 832434

And this that I put together:

View attachment 832435View attachment 832436
You have some neat stuff there!

What kind of business are you in with your equipment?

I have a 6 foot cutter for my CTL, but honestly, I only use the cutter for certain things like cutting along fence lines and in between trees and such. You put 90hp at 2500 plus rpm's behind 6 foot of cutter, and it'll take some growth down, but to say it's not fuel efficient is an understatement.

0sKcgLO.png

:(

Last edited: