How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #12  
I like the HST on our Kubota B2710 and there have been more that a few times that I wished our New Holland TL100A was HST.

What is the highest HP tractor to offer HST.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #13  
   / How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)
I like the HST on our Kubota B2710 and there have been more that a few times that I wished our New Holland TL100A was HST.

What is the highest HP tractor to offer HST.

I think about 60 horsepower. I can think of the Kioti NX series. and JD may make some larger.. The CVT's and powershuttles above that.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #16  
The one starring the inchworm winning the race! of course:D

James Way back into the early '40s My father needing a tractor made one out of the Model "A" truck and "T" rear end removing the drive shaft and put in a "Brownie" gear box turned around . All this said When in 1st gear engine at idle and the brownie in gear could leave engine running and eat lunch with out the tractor leaving the area.
We could drag trees out of the woods with chains on rear dullies and it would never labor the engine.
Back then we were splitting stave bolts for the barrels the oak trees had been used up on level land .
It would of allowed the inch worm to get away. But of course you were talking Hydro
ken

James Way back into the early '40s My father needing a tractor made one out of the Model "A" truck and "T" rear end removing the drive shaft and put in a "Brownie" gear box turned around . All this said When in 1st gear engine at idle and the brownie in gear could leave engine running and eat lunch with out the tractor leaving the area.
We could drag trees out of the woods with chains on rear dullies and it would never labor the engine.
Back then we were splitting stave bolts for the barrels the oak trees had been used up on level land .
It would of allowed the inch worm to get away. But of course you were talking Hydro
ken

With the proper "creeper" gears you can go extremely slow also. Some of the 32x32 shuttles can really inch along. But most CUTS wont have a 32 speed tranny either.:D many make do with 8x2 or 8x8 or sometimes 16 forward gears, but not many of our size tractors offer a 32 speed.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #18  
All good points - my 1 hang up is foot peddles where the brakes were for 100 years , used tractors all my life , figure in a rush I would hit the brakes by reflex and ram the heck out of something ! the new big tractors have a small stick to control speed .I bought a clutch just my pref.

All good points - my 1 hang up is foot peddles where the brakes were for 100 years , used tractors all my life , figure in a rush I would hit the brakes by reflex and ram the heck out of something ! the new big tractors have a small stick to control speed .I bought a clutch just my pref.

I wondered about that too for a day or two.. In a couple of days it became second nature. If I come to a precipice I put my foot on the reverse pedal in case something happens and I do revert for some insane reason.. the same if someone is working in front of me.. put your foot on the reverse pedal. You can pretty well forget about the brakes except when parking or when you need the split brakes for extremely sharp turns or scrapeing ice on the pavement and you have no traction with your front tires and you need the split brakes to steer the tractor. And they are right where they will do the most good, over on the left side where you have a foot to use them!:D
It was a pure joy to scrape up the ice this winter and steer on my sloped driveway and "give her some left or right rudder" to keep on course.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #20  
Yep, HST is the cat's meow...extreme precision and safety, even with full power to the wheels. I used to get tired from constant clutch/gear action, no more. That offsets the small loss of hp efficiency incurred when performing extensive ground engaging activities in a single direction, such as plowing. Not many TBNers have 20+ acres of fields to work annually.

But, I agree, folks should use the transmission which makes them happy...after understanding the pros and cons of the various styles.