How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #21  
Cool vid James...

I like the HST on our Kubota B2710 and there have been more that a few times that I wished our New Holland TL100A was HST.

What is the highest HP tractor to offer HST.

From what I can remember...

Mahindra 6010, 59 HP
Kubota L5740, 57 HP
JD 4740, 59 HP?
Kioti NX series, 6010 maybe, 59 HP?
Massey 1652, & I think the new 1759?

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #22  
Couple of things about a hydro. One is the whining noise they make. Two is they arn't as good holding speed going down a hill. They, in my experiance, have a tendancy to free wheel a bit going down steep grades. I guess you would get used to it but the first time I drove my mom's B3030 I had a bit of a anxious time going down a hill. On the other hand while bushhogging with my M7040 I went down a much steeper hill running a very heavy Landpride 8 foot mower and the speed went from 1.7 mph to 1.8 mph. Going up the hill speed was 1.7. Or maybe it was 2.3 and 2.4......oh well I do remember that it stayed withing .1 MPH up or down a hill dragging/holding back a 1800 pound cutter.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #23  
I don't understand the "free wheel" comment...let up on the hydro pedal and the vehicle will slow down...to a slow crawl or likely stop on a hill if you let all the way off of the hydro pedal. I suppose that if the grade were sufficiently and amazingly steep, then it might crawl down the slope...and could be controlled by slight reverse hydro pedal...or brakes. I've never felt my machine "free wheel" under any conditions I've thrown at it.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)
Couple of things about a hydro. One is the whining noise they make. Two is they arn't as good holding speed going down a hill. They, in my experiance, have a tendancy to free wheel a bit going down steep grades. I guess you would get used to it but the first time I drove my mom's B3030 I had a bit of a anxious time going down a hill. On the other hand while bushhogging with my M7040 I went down a much steeper hill running a very heavy Landpride 8 foot mower and the speed went from 1.7 mph to 1.8 mph. Going up the hill speed was 1.7. Or maybe it was 2.3 and 2.4......oh well I do remember that it stayed withing .1 MPH up or down a hill dragging/holding back a 1800 pound cutter.

I have never experienced any "freewheeling" on any tractor hydro. They will slowly creep if the pedals are neutral after a period of time when the charge pump bleeds down. But I have never seen any freewhelling, and I have some HILLS around here, let me tell you.
Did you notice the hydro whine on my video? I don't notice any. I will admit some hydros whine more than others.. It seems the smaller the tractor the louder the whine.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #25  
Cool vid James...

From what I can remember...

Mahindra 6010, 59 HP
Kubota L5740, 57 HP
JD 4740, 59 HP?
Kioti NX series, 6010 maybe, 59 HP?
Massey 1652, & I think the new 1759?

JD 4720 is 66 published engine HP and 59 tested PTO HP (Nebraska Testing Labs)

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #26  
My Kioti does not freewheel. On the other hand, my JD lawn mower will scare the bejezzus out of you going downhill. I complained about it to the local JD dealer and he refused to believe it.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #27  
Cool vid James... From what I can remember... Mahindra 6010, 59 HP Kubota L5740, 57 HP JD 4740, 59 HP? Kioti NX series, 6010 maybe, 59 HP? Massey 1652, & I think the new 1759?

Thanks TSO.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #28  
JD 4720 is 66 published engine HP and 59 tested PTO HP (Nebraska Testing Labs)
ok... and that is for HST, right?

Did you notice the hydro whine on my video? I don't notice any. I will admit some hydros whine more than others.. It seems the smaller the tractor the louder the whine.

Very true... my Kioti CK20 whined a bit, my LS R4047 didn't whine AT ALL, my Massey 1648 whines more than I prefer (though it might be amplified by the cab).

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)
ok... and that is for HST, right?

Very true... my Kioti CK20 whined a bit, my LS R4047 didn't whine AT ALL, my Massey 1648 whines more than I prefer (though it might be amplified by the cab).

I often wondered why that seems to be. My neighbor had a BX, and you could hear it whine for hundreds of yards. Yet my L3400hst had very little, and my Kioti DK35se has even less. Is it possible pushing high pressure fluid thru smaller spaces makes more noise? I can't prove my theory, but it has been my impression from what I have heard. Little tractor, lotsa noise, big tractor not so much.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #30  
I had about 42 gallons of maple syrup in cases of quart bottles on a pallet yesterday. To me, that represents almost $3000 dollars of hard work, and it weighs about 630lbs without the pallet. I was sure happy to have a hydrostatic tranny when driving that a quarter of a mile over some varied terrain. I could see some ruts coming up, and slow to a crawl till I was back on level ground.