How to catch 11 gallons of oil?

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #21  
This is how I do it. An old oil pan with a shower drain fitting in the side. A length of PVC down the bank to the buckets. Easy to swing the pipe to the next bucket w/o spilling any oil.

Attachments

• HydFilterChg1.JPG
    HydFilterChg1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
  • HydFilterChg2.JPG
    HydFilterChg2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
   / How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #23  
I like the idea of pumping the fluid out, but what I've been doing up till now is drain the oil into a plastic kid's wading pool. Cheap as chips, capacity 110 litres (29 US gallons). In the pic below, it's sitting on a standard pallet (the square one, not the rectangular Euro ones), and slides easily under the tractor from the side.

View attachment 689083
Looks like an addendum to pallets in the field:eek:

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #24  
I like the idea of pumping the fluid out, but what I've been doing up till now is drain the oil into a plastic kid's wading pool. Cheap as chips, capacity 110 litres (29 US gallons). In the pic below, it's sitting on a standard pallet (the square one, not the rectangular Euro ones), and slides easily under the tractor from the side.

View attachment 689083
Don't your kids cry?

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #26  
COOL, but my cut off blue barrel didn't cost 200 bucks.

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #27  
COOL, but my cut off blue barrel didn't cost 200 bucks.

remember that's canadian dollars, its only USD$99

I like shopping at princess auto because, if you are willing to wait, everything goes on sale. I got mine 60% off.

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #28  
What I use is my wife's old roasting pans.
Nice low sides and adequate volume for my CUT oil changes.
They even have handles at both ends so are very maneuverable.
I dimple one corner for easy pouring usually back into the now empty new oil container.

I actually rinse it with a solvent (usually old fuel) for storage and future use.

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #29  
I use old roasting pans for a bunch of stuff. Higher quality than some purpose made pans.

PRINCESS. Best thing is "No Sale Is FINAL!" I have returned a recon Remington Elect. Chain Saw after five or so years. Realized I never used it and didn't like it.

/ How to catch 11 gallons of oil? #30  
buy a old barrel and cut the bottom off. or...
garbage can and cut the bottom off. cheap fix