How to maintain wooded walking trails

/ How to maintain wooded walking trails #12  
If I want to open or pack my trails - a pass or two with my ATV. If I wanted to get fancy - reverse my rear blade and pack the snow down.

/ How to maintain wooded walking trails #14  
Just a data point; Sport sleds are not made for work and go slow. They use a tunnel heat exchanger which do not get enough snow on them when you go slow and pull implements.

Last edited:
   / How to maintain wooded walking trails #15  
Just a data point; Sport sleds are not made for work and go slow. They use a tunnel heat exchanger which do not get enought snow on them if you go slow eought to pull things.
agree at 100% but if there is 3 to 4 inch powder then it will be ok and for short distance it is fine even on snow pack but yes you need to keep a eye on the temperature.

/ How to maintain wooded walking trails #17  
Some of us are quite serious about grooming trails and done it for many, many years. :D😁🤣😁
Rhino works in the dark, front view. (LG).jpg

This is our personally owned machine.
bossgroomspretty294.jpg

A trail Bully 400
arly PB 847.jpg

Various sleds over the years I've used.
Arly grooms on IQ.jpg
Grooming river trail Dec 08.jpg

Last edited:
   / How to maintain wooded walking trails #18  
I have tried with an RTV900 (no tracks) and you'd have to be out there before it got really deep. I would set the plow up a bit and go, but often get stuck as I'll drive up on a drift and not know it until I sink in. With the tractor I have done it using 3 skidsteer tires bolted together in a V with an eye-bolt to hook it to the tractor.

/ How to maintain wooded walking trails #19  
I’d guess that a roller of some kind might do the best job of packing the snow hard enough that it doesnt just form a crust that collapses under weight of someone.

/ How to maintain wooded walking trails #20  
I’d guess that a roller of some kind might do the best job of packing the snow hard enough that it doesnt just form a crust that collapses under weight of someone.
Yes, a roller thats a bit wider than your tow machine and does not stick to snow. That would be HDPE plastic. It would look like this.
roller.jpg