how to mount a tactical shotgun

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #81  
It's good to give her the benefit of the doubt...just don't look up the definition in the Urban Dictionary...:D

Hahahaha! I had to look. I'm a "Lesser Tool", or not to bad.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #82  
Did someone say ammo storage??? I mounted ammo boxes for chains, and misc tool storage but I suppose you could use them for their intended function?

BX Auxillary Chain Box Modification - YouTube

IMG_8625.jpeg IMG_8626.jpeg IMG_8627.jpeg

As for gun mount, I would try locating on the ROPS to keep it handy but out of the way. Might be too long to fit though. I have mounted LED lights and a fire extinguisher also with a no holes/no welding method.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #83  
So far I am liking this route. Handy, yet out of the way.

I'm sorry to dissent from your opinion, EintheWoods, and agree with LSN and DE, but to me, that's is the definition of in the way, obstructing sight-lines, and also at risk for soiling by dust and debris.

The previously shown mount, if used muzzle down, say inside one of the ROPS uprights, is my idea of handy, but out of the way.

AR15 mount.jpg or the "Shotlock series of gunlockers"

71LKUsltBZL._SL1500_.jpg which as shown, also have "AR-type" gun mounts- again mounted inverted to keep muzzles clear from debris would work there too.
maxresdefault.jpg

Alternatively, for a shotgunShotlock solo.jpgin addition to the Shotlock brand, there are also these available on Amazon...
81IlRYA5-7L._SL1500_.jpg

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #84  
I'm sorry to dissent from your opinion, EintheWoods, and agree with LSN and DE, but to me, that's is the definition of in the way, obstructing sight-lines, and also at risk for soiling by dust and debris.

The previously shown mount, if used muzzle down, say inside one of the ROPS uprights, is my idea of handy, but out of the way.

View attachment 563913 or the "Shotlock series of gunlockers"

View attachment 563917 which as shown, also have "AR-type" gun mounts- again mounted inverted to keep muzzles clear from debris would work there too.
View attachment 563918

Alternatively, for a shotgunView attachment 563915in addition to the Shotlock brand, there are also these available on Amazon...
View attachment 563916

I hear you for sure. I plan to mock something up this weekend just to see how badly it would be in the way over the hood. If it is in the way at all, scrapped. Mounting something to the ROPS would be out of the way, but I am constantly hitting tree branches with mine. Often hitting me in the head...which might explain some things about me :). So I don't think to put things on the vertical parts of the ROPS. I suppose I could look at putting something at the top of the ROPS on the front side of it as under the ROPS I have my lights and fire extinguisher.

I think the real answwer here is that I need a bigger tractor with a cab. Hang on and let me try and sell that to my beautiful wife. :laughing:

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #85  
Despite the fact that I had to shoot a black bear last fall that killed my goats, I certainly don't need a longgun on my tractor.
However, when the hybrid wild boar vampire vipers y'all have extend their range to New Hampshire I think I'd look at mounting my ultra-cool multicolored and stylish G.I. Joe ping pinger to the underside of my canopy.
:laughing:

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #86  
In all seriousness, wouldn't that be a visual obstruction for loader work? Maybe you'd look over it just fine but on my tractor I also spend a lot of time looking down between the hood-side and loader frame. Seems like it MIGHT obststruct that line-of-sight.

You'll need good loader placement to deal with those armed zombie cyote, rattler, opossum, ferrile woodchuck hybrids roaming around! The boddies will really pile up! :D (Warning: this was a joke. Again, this was a joke.)

Excellent example of intelligent questions and discussions.

And you bring up a good point about sight lines. Most, if not all the pics posted earlier were taken standing next to the tractor vs. sitting in the seat. Hence, line of sight could appear to be an issue.

Here are some near-real time pics I took today while bushhogging my front 18 acres that's is severely overgrown. You review and decide if LOS is an issue.

These are all taken from the tractor seat. The first pic, I had to purposefully point down in order to get my Colt AR-15 HBAR and Stihl MS362CM in the pic. Note that the horizon is barely visible. Note also that the tractor hood and grill pose a far great threat to LOS than the rifle (never mind the chainSAW!). The other pics were taken with the express purpose of catching the horizon (and the view). Again, all were taken from the tractor seat while actively bushhogging downhill. Note that you can see the bottom of my canopy in one pic.

DtpA5S5.jpg

1eOJ8UE.jpg

FWrJPzM.jpg

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #87  

View attachment 563913 or the "Shotlock series of gunlockers"

View attachment 563917 which as shown, also have "AR-type" gun mounts- again mounted inverted to keep muzzles clear from debris would work there too.
View attachment 563918

Alternatively, for a shotgunView attachment 563915in addition to the Shotlock brand, there are also these available on Amazon...
View attachment 563916

I've already addressed the LOS issue. Pics (and reality, unless your a serious midget) show that's it's a non-issue.

As far as soiling and debris: It's a tractor without a cab. Unless you put the firearm in an hermetically sealed container, it's gonna get dirty.

On my HBAR, I close the dust cover and call it good.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #88  
Muzzle Caps or Barrel Condoms are also a great way to keep debris out of your barrel.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #89  
Back in the 80s a friend brought his SPAS 12 (As seen in the Terminator Movie ) here. He managed to get a bit of dirt in the barrel and kind of scrapped it out. The next shot took off the flash suppressor. Guess he should have done a better job. Looked like a peeled banana barrel from the cartoons.

We had a Mossburg 500 shotgun with folding stock on the VW Dune Buggy (RAV, Rapid Assault Vehicle). Just a small box filled with a little foam mounted to the floor for the butt to sit in and a plastic coated military origin clamp right of the instrument cluster to hold the barrel.

/ how to mount a tactical shotgun #90  
Excellent example of intelligent questions and discussions.

And you bring up a good point about sight lines. Most, if not all the pics posted earlier were taken standing next to the tractor vs. sitting in the seat. Hence, line of sight could appear to be an issue.

Here are some near-real time pics I took today while bushhogging my front 18 acres that's is severely overgrown. You review and decide if LOS is an issue.

These are all taken from the tractor seat. The first pic, I had to purposefully point down in order to get my Colt AR-15 HBAR and Stihl MS362CM in the pic. Note that the horizon is barely visible. Note also that the tractor hood and grill pose a far great threat to LOS than the rifle (never mind the chainSAW!). The other pics were taken with the express purpose of catching the horizon (and the view). Again, all were taken from the tractor seat while actively bushhogging downhill. Note that you can see the bottom of my canopy in one pic.

Thanks for the follow up and pics. Helpful.