How To Spot A Spammer

/ How To Spot A Spammer #15  
Another group of threads/posts to be reported are 'advertisers'. Sometimes they'll post a new thread, other times they'll resurrect an old thread and, rarely, they'll join in an ongoing thread. The key is a link to their business, even if it does relate to the subject.

Muhammad has asked that these suspected posts be "Reported" as Advertising as there is a procedure for an Advertiser Member to be registered.

I reported one of these the yesterday. He was quite upfront about his business, both in his two threads and in his five thread posts. I let the Mods determine the way forward.
I never report (snitch) on anything. One, I don't play that way and two, if I don't like a comment or post, I just skip it and go on.

To me, that crap went out in elementary school and has no place in an adult world.

There are some 'blue ribbon' snitchers and whiners on this site and you know who you are..... 😬

/ How To Spot A Spammer #16  
I never report (snitch) on anything. One, I don't play that way and two, if I don't like a comment or post, I just skip it and go on.

To me, that crap went out in elementary school and has no place in an adult world.

There are some 'blue ribbon' snitchers and whiners on this site and you know who you are..... 😬
Oh, well... to each their own.

/ How To Spot A Spammer #17  
The internet has become so sneaky, that it is hard to tell if a poster has a veiled AD embedded. Maybe it was an honest link to information you wanted? Maybe not. It is very hard to tell the difference. This has happened to every popular site I have visited for over 25 years. People will use it for their own reasons. Some to sell products and some to sell political ideas on a free forum. I know of at least five sites that just, lost it, and were over run, to a point that the site wasn't interesting anymore, to any of the original members and posters. This is a non-facebook site. It pays for its server space under its own DNR. This is becoming more rare with every year, and it is some thing we should protect. :)

/ How To Spot A Spammer
New-ish trick. They just create an ID, but never make any posts They create a profile with a fancy avatar and modify their profile page with a custome image background, then post their spam on their About page. I kept seeing the IDs and watching for spam posts, but there never were any. Then I started looking further and found out what was happening.