How to you store the random oil jugs?

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
I’m finding that I’m collecting all sorts of different partial quarts of oil from all the various machines I have. They’re starting to take over my work bench. Does anyone have a better storage solution for their various partial quarts of oil?

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #2  
Yep, same problem here. I have been switching everything over to one oil. That seems to be the best solution for me.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs?
Yep, same problem here. I have been switching everything over to one oil. That seems to be the best solution for me.

I’ve got too many things on different oils though. 5W-20 for car/truck, 15w-40 for tractor, 0w-40 for Ranger, 10w-40 for ATV, 2cycle oil for little mans ATV, 2cycle mix oil for chainsaw/trimmer, etc.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #4  
I have been switching everything to Rotella T6. Makes life much easier. A 5W-40 synthetic oil will cover a broad range of applications.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #5  
I have been switching everything to Rotella T6. Makes life much easier. A 5W-40 synthetic oil will cover a broad range of applications.

Does that work with gas engines also? I have been using mobile one in gas and the Rotella synthetic in diesels.

On two cycle found an oil that works for my all my two cycles. So using three.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #6  
I don't end up with very many partial quarts. The few that I do either live under the hood or on a shelf.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #7  
Does that work with gas engines also? I have been using mobile one in gas and the Rotella synthetic in diesels.

On two cycle found an oil that works for my all my two cycles. So using three.

At one time, a few years back, there was talk that the diesel engine oils were harmful on gasoline specific catalytic converters. I personally have found no real evidence of that thru my research. I have a combined 240,000 miles on two Toyota Tacoma's and I run T6 in them with no negative results.

There is a new Rotella T6 product that claims it is designed for gas and diesel engines. I haven't seen any in my neck of the woods yet.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #8  
First world problems , LOL Buy an older tractor that burns oil and you will soon find you never have enough to top it off . If its really an issue just dump it in the diesel tank and burn it,

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #9  
Where I live I use the same 0W40 oil in everything except the Bobcat, but that will change with the next O/F change.

DEWFPO

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #10  
I tend to buy oil well ahead of time, on sale when I can. When I change the oil in something I wind up with fewer containers than I had before, even though there's usually one partial container left. They go in a cabinet with the other oil, with the vehicle name written on them if it wasn't already.