How to you store the random oil jugs?

/ How to you store the random oil jugs?
I've changed the drive oils once in just over 260hrs. I changed them at 50hrs and the fluid looked clean, no metallic sparkles, and I have just over 260hrs on it now; everything working(rear locker and front drive) as they should. Maybe I'll change them out this spring, if it ever arrives.

I’d change them now if I were you. Do engine oil/filter all at the same time and get them on the same schedule. My rear diff has shavings every time I change. Apparently that’s normal though.

I found my solution at Wal-Mart last night!

IMG_3933.JPGIMG_3934.JPG

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #23  
After my painful experience with lots of little bottles, I started buying in 5 gallon buckets of oil and bought a "pail tipper" that made it easier to pour from the buckets. Now I use synthetic 0W40 for the tractors and one oil for the trucks, The only empty jug I keep is for measuring oil from the 5 gallon bucket.

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #24  
I try to buy in amounts equal to an oil change. If for some reason I want to get rid of a partial, it gets mixed with the bar and chain oil.

That cleared off a nice section of my workbench at least. I’m slowly switching everything over to Amsoil products, but it may take a while because seems like all the toys had their oil changed last fall.

I also “developed” this handy-dandy cheat sheet for all of my machines so I can quickly find out their maintenance schedule, oil type, amount, filter, tire pressure, etc, without having to flip through a half dozen different manual. Gonna hang this on the wall above my workbench.

IMG_3942.JPG

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #27  
At one time, a few years back, there was talk that the diesel engine oils were harmful on gasoline specific catalytic converters. I personally have found no real evidence of that thru my research. I have a combined 240,000 miles on two Toyota Tacoma's and I run T6 in them with no negative results.

There is a new Rotella T6 product that claims it is designed for gas and diesel engines. I haven't seen any in my neck of the woods yet.

Your Tacos run 0-20 though right?

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #28  
Has anyone had a problem with anything by using the wrong oil?

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #29  
My buddy blew up a v10 ford and thinks the 15-40 oil he had in it was responsible

/ How to you store the random oil jugs? #30  
My buddy blew up a v10 ford and thinks the 15-40 oil he had in it was responsible

Any details as to why he thought the oil caused the failure?