How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges.

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #31  
Went to a local welding store for a new green shade face shield lens. Paid the bill, startsd out while looking at the invoice and WTF, an "in store pick up fee" A couple of bucks on a ten dollar purchase is 20% When I asked for a manager, he offered to reverse the charge. I politely declined, told him it would be worth it for some social media advertising on his behalf.

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #32  
Reminds me of a joke that I saw when I was a kid. Market along the highway is advertising free apples, so the couple stops and gets a bag. the Market says that will be ten dollars for the bag, and you have to buy the bag to get the apples.

One of the pains when buying online is figuring out all the extra charges added to the teaser price that they give you. Ebay is the worse for this. Some of their shipping and "handling" charges are extreme. Shipping is fixed, so they just keep adding "handling" fees to make their profit. I'm surprised that they didn't just increase their "handling" fee.

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges.
You can ask if they can get the bucket on the next shipment they order for other products to maybe save you some $. If it makes you feel any better, my 12 bucket was about $1000 as well.

The bucket is manufactured in Ohio and the $200 shipping is to ship it to me. I could go pick it up and save that but it’s 400 miles one way so it’s not worth it.

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #34  
It sounds like the OP answered his own question. Businesses, banks and government have found that "fees" are another way of making money. I paid to have the oil changed in my pickup; they tacked on a $3.00 "oil disposal fee." The garage has a waste oil furnace.

Just like the "tire disposal fee" stores charge when changing tires. They hit the consumer for the disposal fee and then sell the used tires to the used tire store down the street.

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #35  
Could it be because the purchase was a credit card purchase. Some businesses are passing on the Vista/Master Charge, charge for large price item sales.

219 Credit Card Processing Fees May Surprise You

For Visa at least, that's not legal depending on your state.......

visa.PNG

I see plenty of businesses that do that so they must not enforce it. And it’s perfectly legal to mark up the price 3 percent or whatever you’re paying the CC and then offer a 3 percent cash discount.

If Indeed they originally quoted you $880, and that’s what they billed you, what’s the beef? I don’t see this as an after the fact price increase the way you describe it.

It mike make you feel good to be oblivious to the fact that tariffs cost the consumer money, I guess, but showing the effect steel price volatility has on transaction price isn’t a bad thing.

An educated consumer is a wise consumer.

I didn’t remember that part. I’ve quoted several different venders on the same thing. Anyway I paid the $30 bogus fee and moved on.

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #38  

View attachment 596561

I see plenty of businesses that do that so they must not enforce it. And it’s perfectly legal to mark up the price 3 percent or whatever you’re paying the CC and then offer a 3 percent cash discount.

Ditto. I see it WAY too often if it truly is illegal. Not just small mom and pop shops either.

Heck, the state BMV website charges to use a CC. Nothing with EFT. Phone company (pretty large business) same thing. Our own county treasurer....3% fee to use a CC to pay your property taxes. Nothing to pay cash or check

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #39  

View attachment 596561

I see plenty of businesses that do that so they must not enforce it. And itç—´ perfectly legal to mark up the price 3 percent or whatever youæ±*e paying the CC and then offer a 3 percent cash discount.

Ditto. I see it WAY too often if it truly is illegal. Not just small mom and pop shops either.

Heck, the state BMV website charges to use a CC. Nothing with EFT. Phone company (pretty large business) same thing. Our own county treasurer....3% fee to use a CC to pay your property taxes. Nothing to pay cash or check

/ How would you feel about this? Business tacking on bogus charges. #40