How's The Weather?

/ How's The Weather? #21  
50°F outside fixing to head out and work on a project in shop.. t-shirt and shorts.. I see most you guys freezing weather or inches to feet of snow ..

/ How's The Weather? #22  
25+ wind gust on/off snow squails 29F,wood furnace purring like kitten. :)

/ How's The Weather? #23  
Left Orlando yesterday, sunny 73deg. 8deg this morning in Sconsin. Time to get out the coveralls and a sweater. Cat says nope to going outside, better sitting here by the woodstove.

/ How's The Weather? #24  
With these cold nights my lake is starting to freeze over. Many mornings.... 12F to 15F.

/ How's The Weather? #25  
The pond froze over last night. High today was 33 with 20 - 25 mph winds. We have a little snow on the ground, but nothing like western NY, (5'+ in some places).

/ How's The Weather? #26  
It is currently 3pm and 72º. Clear sunny skies. We had a beautiful day. This is the weather we pay for in Southern CA.
Worked in the open air shop of the barn most of the day. Supposed to reach 80º by the end of the week

/ How's The Weather? #27  
Jack Frost and his Snow Queen momma have blown through the NE this week, haven't they? Weren't you guys at 70 degrees just a week ago? It looks like an early winter this year, with flight delays that are normally reserved for Christmas. Lake effect snow over 6' in places. Even a tractor snow blower would have trouble with that much white. I even have a friend in Midland, TX who got a dusting of snow.

Things have been mild here in Southern Oregon. High of 50, low of 21, clear skies, wind at 2 mph. Lazy man weather, no shoveling or plowing necessary.
I hope that you are right about the early winter, to make up for last year's dismal showing. Not that I'm a big winter sports enthusiast but do prefer white to brown in winter, and it's much more comfortable when I can run the wood stove all night.

/ How's The Weather? #28  
and it's much more comfortable when I can run the wood stove all night.
We're good with that too. We all migrate to the sunroom/stoveroom. Very cozy. Love the radiant heat on a cold winters night.

Attachments

• 1120221753.jpg
    1120221753.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
   / How's The Weather? #29  
Persimmon harvest season.
An hour north of San Francisco.

This is a family tree, planted in the apple orchard. Fuyu, there are also two larger Hachiya.

IMG-20221120-WA0002~2.jpg

/ How's The Weather? #30  
Persimmon harvest season.
An hour north of San Francisco.

This is a family tree, planted in the apple orchard. Fuyu, there are also two larger Hachiya.

View attachment 771337
That looks great. You lucky guy! Ground squirrels stripped three persimmon trees in a day on me earlier this spring. It was as if a scout scoped the place out the day before and then let the entire pasture know. It was unbelievable. Literally, three persimmons left on one tree. I'm ruminating on how to put ground squirrel/skunk/raccoon/possum/bird proof. Suggestions most welcome. The orchard is on a slope, so it will all be by hand.

All the best, Peter