HP For Snow Blower

/ HP For Snow Blower #41  
lol... "beat juice". Is that Run DMC? :p

Fixed my post. 🤓

/ HP For Snow Blower
lol... "beat juice". Is that Run DMC? :p

Fixed my post. 🤓
Is beet juice not common there? It is here for tires (doesn't freeze).
They even spray it on roads here instead of throwing salt. It's supposed to prevent long term damage to roads and cement. Non corrosive as you mentioned.
It doesn't work worth a darn on the roads. All it does is coat mirrors and body with a film. I guess no worse than salt, but I would rather see salt on the roads.

/ HP For Snow Blower #43  
I run a 60" Braber on my Kubota BX2200. Never any issues with 3'+ snow.

I also run a 62" Woodmaxx Flailmower on my BX2200. Mowed 3'+ grasses without issue.

Would I like a bigger machine? Of course, but my BX2200 hasn't complained about lifting or turning those two heavy implements.

/ HP For Snow Blower #44  
The spec for the 3 point shows as around 1500 lbs, the spec on my blower shows as weighing 500lbs. (That sounds a bit light, but I guess specs are specs).
Lifting it shouldn't be a problem.
All the specs I've ran across personally and at the dealer show a need to turn up 2700 rpms for my accessory eqpt...if you can do 2700 you should be good I think

/ HP For Snow Blower #45  
Is beet juice not common there? It is here for tires (doesn't freeze).
Yes, it's very common. In fact, it's what I have in my tires, spelled with two e's.

Last edited:
   / HP For Snow Blower #46  
I have a broken Foton TB504 (50hp) and it came with a snow blower.
I am toying with the idea of buying a new TYM T25 tractor.
I'm curious if I can use my current snow blower on the T25.

The setting:

The blower I own now is an older Lucknow S5 OH. Spec sheet says minimum recommended
HP for that model is 20hp, maximum recommended 35hp.
50 inches wide, single auger.

My driveway is about 100 feet and I can clean it in two swipes, then some cleanup around the road entrance.

The T25 spec sheet says it has 18HP at the PTO.

I generally go slow anyway when blowing snow, but when I use a machine I sometimes push it and expect
certain results (with the realm of common sense)

Opinions on whether this tractor can run my current blower without destroying parts every time I use it?
It's not a deal breaker, there is a snow blade option for the T25, and I have also done my drive with the
bucket too. Not a big deal.

100 ft! Why bother even putting the blower on the machine! Do you have hills? How is the snow? Mostly heavy/wet and how many inches per year?

T25 and a plow blade my concern would be enough weight (with cab is 2400 lbs) to push the snow, but you only have 100 ft so hopefully it will be fine.\

I also have Rimguard (beet juice) in rear tires so far so good.

/ HP For Snow Blower
100 ft! Why bother even putting the blower on the machine! Do you have hills? How is the snow? Mostly heavy/wet and how many inches per year?

T25 and a plow blade my concern would be enough weight (with cab is 2400 lbs) to push the snow, but you only have 100 ft so hopefully it will be fine.\

I also have Rimguard (beet juice) in rear tires so far so good.
I am in Canada after all. Average snowfall in my area is 6.5 feet per winter.
Could be more than 100 feet but no more than 175. I forget how far I cut trees to get to where I built my house. It was a long time ago.
My current blower is broken so a lot of how I do snow depends on whether I get that fixed first. I've done it with my other tractor and bucket no problem
but it was 50hp.

/ HP For Snow Blower #48  
I modified a 50" Front JD blower to be a three point rear for my new JD1025R. It works just fine, though sometimes I will go extra slowly, or make two passes, as said before, first a little high, then a second to clean things to the surface. If the tractor you're using is hydrostatic, a larger than normal 3 point blower is fine, as you can regulate the speed infinitely. It's the three point blower on a manual transmission tractor which can offer you little choice in blowing speed.

I would not bother loading tires, use ballast weight instead, or better yet, a blade on the front, and blower on the back. My first tractor had loaded tires when I bought it, and the rims rusted out really badly.

/ HP For Snow Blower #49  
I have a Lucknow as well, but a lot bigger than yours is. Mine is 80" wide (with the wings on) and I've had it at least 20 years and it's a beast. Bought it new and only thing I've replaced on it was the 2 hydraulic hoses that actuate the cylinder that rotates the chute In heavy deep snow, it makes my 87 horsepower PTO M9 bark hard. Up on the turbo and blowing smoke. Mine eats anything including cinder blocks and bricks. Rule of thumb on any blower is... 5 pto horsepower for ever foot of width.

Attachments

• 100_0040 (1).JPG
    100_0040 (1).JPG
    921 KB · Views: 38
   / HP For Snow Blower
I have a Lucknow as well, but a lot bigger than yours is. Mine is 80" wide (with the wings on) and I've had it at least 20 years and it's a beast. Bought it new and only thing I've replaced on it was the 2 hydraulic hoses that actuate the cylinder that rotates the chute In heavy deep snow, it makes my 87 horsepower PTO M9 bark hard. Up on the turbo and blowing smoke. Mine eats anything including cinder blocks and bricks. Rule of thumb on any blower is... 5 pto horsepower for ever foot of width.
Looks familiar.
Mine has the hydraulic shoot "mouth" adjustment, but the second remote on my old tractor needed a new valve so ......
By spec sheets, my TYM will be lacking a little on the PTO, but like everything with a smaller machine, little bites.
I think I'll miss the 50hp, and hope to get it fixed at some point, but I will enjoy the smaller units maneuverability in my confined property.
(Finance guy was supposed to call today but it IS a holiday. I reminded him of it a couple times. Hopefully not a problem with the bank. Shouldn't be but you never know).