HP For Snow Blower

/ HP For Snow Blower #51  
I might add that I ONLY run chains on the front and that is for the plow so it don't 'plow steer' the tractor when busting big snow. Nothing on the rear and no filled tires either. I'm a solid 2 miles from the pavement with a terrible road commish, so I plow myself (and the neighbors) out regularly.

Attachments

• 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
   / HP For Snow Blower
Posting those pictures and just thinking about winter is making me want to move to Florida.
Maybe we could car pool.
I'll swing by and pick you up on the way. :)
And I hear Florida is constant entertainment.

/ HP For Snow Blower #54  
The TYM can handle the blower. I run an Agrotrend 48" with 19HP at the PTO without issue. Being a SCUT, the thing to look for are the size of the 3 point hitch pins, and the length of the PTO shaft when the blower is raised. Mine had to be cut down as it would bottom out when fully raised. Engaging the blower while raised produces a lot of sheared PTO shaft pins due to the angle.
The 500lbs sounds like an easy lift, but it extends quite far out from the tractor. You will lose a bit of traction and steering control on the front wheels.
'
Agro Trend C-48.jpg

/ HP For Snow Blower #55  
Is beet juice not common there? It is here for tires (doesn't freeze).
They even spray it on roads here instead of throwing salt. It's supposed to prevent long term damage to roads and cement. Non corrosive as you mentioned.
It doesn't work worth a darn on the roads. All it does is coat mirrors and body with a film. I guess no worse than salt, but I would rather see salt on the roads.
May not see a lot of salt this winter. Windsor Salt went back to work the end of August, after a 6 month strike. Table salt in some parts of Canada was scarce over the summer, and I have seen no pickling salt on the store shelves in my area for months (even now). It also affected the supply of road salt.

/ HP For Snow Blower #56  
The TYM can handle the blower. I run an Agrotrend 48" with 19HP at the PTO without issue. Being a SCUT, the thing to look for are the size of the 3 point hitch pins, and the length of the PTO shaft when the blower is raised. Mine had to be cut down as it would bottom out when fully raised. Engaging the blower while raised produces a lot of sheared PTO shaft pins due to the angle.
The 500lbs sounds like an easy lift, but it extends quite far out from the tractor. You will lose a bit of traction and steering control on the front wheels.
'View attachment 826227
Another freeze your tush off experience in snow blowing. Candidly, I'd never do that with my open station. Cab with heat, am-fm and air ride seat is much better.

/ HP For Snow Blower #57  
The blower I own now is an older Lucknow S5 OH. Spec sheet says minimum recommended
HP for that model is 20hp, maximum recommended 35hp.
50 inches wide, single auger.
Additionally, when I purchased the Lucknow new, I didn't realize it came without skid shoes so I welded brackets on the underside up against the front sheet and added Meyers round steel skid shoes that height adjust with flat washers. No point in having the blower digging for China in the road or in the driveway. Like I said, never an issue, I just check the gearbox lubricant level and oil the roller chain that drives the auger occasionally and grease the U joints on the drive line. Very maintenance free actually. Also, I added rubber flaps ( cut them from discarded big truck mudflaps) on the rotary impeller, those really improved the throwing capability and I rarely run it at 540 pto rpm. No need to actually.

/ HP For Snow Blower
Had to travel a little to get the new machine.

1697308156476.png

Picked up this morning at the dealer. 2024 T25

1697307928056.png

Got it home.

1697308048913.png

1697308078031.png

Would probably be surprised what this set up costs in Canada, but other brands are even more (according to my
shopping before hand.) No, I'm not telling. :) It's embarrassing.

/ HP For Snow Blower #59  
You'll miss the cab, but everything else about the TYM will be more user friendly; you're never going to regret the purchase from that perspective. On top of that, you're getting a Yanmar diesel without the premium that comes with joining club Yanmar. Great engine.

Now just keep the damn trees off of it! 😉
The T25 has a cab option.