Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #21  
Hopefully MrSteve will see the update, and give the level of difficulty.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos
I'm here ;) . Hard to say how hard it is, but from a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, I would honestly say its a 5 when you have the info given to you like I did here (not saying I gave perfect direction, but I'm sure it helps) or at least have a service manual.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #23  
ordered 2 of each part and plan on doing the other side while we're at it. Have a buddy coming to do work once parts come in. Hope this is all we need.

Did y'all just stick to the one side that was leaking or go ahead and do both?

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #24  
as an aside, the local MF Dealer quoted about $600 to do one side...no thanks, pal.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #25  
If you don't mind my asking what did it set you back for parts? Probably less than 60% of your quote.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #26  
If you don't mind my asking what did it set you back for parts? Probably less than 60% of your quote.

Seals were about $45-46 each and the plug/caps were about $12-13 each.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos
ordered 2 of each part and plan on doing the other side while we're at it. Have a buddy coming to do work once parts come in. Hope this is all we need.

Did y'all just stick to the one side that was leaking or go ahead and do both?

I only did the one side.

as an aside, the local MF Dealer quoted about $600 to do one side...no thanks, pal.

Nutty prices for such a thing isn't it, you will see why I say that after you do the job. You saved big bucks and now you will know your tractor a bit better to boot.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #28  
Insane, not against someone making a dollar but you have to keep it reasonable if you want the business.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #29  
Does anyone know if the 1600 series has issues with the seals leaking on them?