Hydraulic Auger Mount

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #101  
Brandi, beautiful work as usual - only suggestion I might make is about the white Ty-wraps. I've used tons of Ty-wraps in industrial settings over the past 35 years, and the ONLY ones I found to last more than maybe a year outside, were the Panduit heavy BLACK ones - all the others don't seem to have enough UV resistance to hold up in direct sun.

(Not that you'd ever get direct sun in Texas) :laughing:

I use a lot of the re-usable fittings I saw in your pics, and love 'em - I find it's more sensible to attach ONE end, run the hose where it needs to go, mark the hose and THEN cut it and attach the other end. I've never gotten an EXACT length using the "garden hose" trick, every hose has a different flex characteristic.

Now, back to your regular program... :D Steve

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
BukitCase,
Thanks! So far, these ty-raps have done well, over 3 years parked outside and inside. They are aviation ty-raps. I know what you mean about the damage UV can do.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #103  
[ATTAView attachment CCE21082015.pdfCH]438403[/ATTACH]View attachment CCE21082015.pdf I can use valve from joy stick for loader? My loader
is self leveling so i need to use up/dn ? I am not tect on computers I had a time trying to load the diagram that came with valve. If
I can up load pictures of joy stick valve do you think you can tell me where to plumb valve?
Thanks again for all your time and help.
Sally

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #104  
I drained and replaced all oil and filters. I finally found sight glass for hyd. oil level, it was at high before i drained it now have it between low and high. , when I bought tractor I didn't know where sight glass was on tractor, I see in hind sight I should have also bought operators manual,
along with the 2 other manuals I bought, any way hyd. oil spewed out back arms,but I didn't know oil way high,when I scraped old oil and dirt
from pto I found sight glass, and saw it was high. You think I blew something,if so what?
The bucket seems to be fine, it has not lost any lifting power.
Thanks
Sally

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
[ATTAView attachment 438403CH]438403[/ATTACH]View attachment 438403 I can use valve from joy stick for loader? My loader
is self leveling so i need to use up/dn ? I am not tect on computers I had a time trying to load the diagram that came with valve. If
I can up load pictures of joy stick valve do you think you can tell me where to plumb valve?
Thanks again for all your time and help.
Sally
Use the lower/raise hoses? That, I think, would be awkward. But doable. I have no idea how to do it with self leveling. You need to ask around (maybe a shop that installs diverters on loaders with self leveling circuit) if using the up/down lines will work.

Just follow the lines back from the cylinders (up/down), up to the joystick. I gotta sleep on this. It's my bed time now.
Believe me, it took me a lot of head scratching to get mine figured out. I doubt I can figure it out with just photos.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
I drained and replaced all oil and filters. I finally found sight glass for hyd. oil level, it was at high before i drained it now have it between low and high. , when I bought tractor I didn't know where sight glass was on tractor, I see in hind sight I should have also bought operators manual,
along with the 2 other manuals I bought, any way hyd. oil spewed out back arms,but I didn't know oil way high,when I scraped old oil and dirt
from pto I found sight glass, and saw it was high. You think I blew something,if so what?
The bucket seems to be fine, it has not lost any lifting power.
Thanks
Sally
Sally,
You need to ask these questions in a new thread in the hydraulics section. I know more about aircraft hydraulics than tractor hydraulics.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #107  
Milky fluid means water. My tractor has a suction strainer screen down inside the transmission/read axle area and it can collespe. That might be your problem with no 3PH lift. Hyd. fluid level could have been low also.

I first mounted the valve. Then I ran electrical. Then mfg. QD mount and installed it on the hose cover on the crosstube. Then I hooked up the lines and figured out fitting styles and locations. You can hang the grapple to see where the grapple lines reach and are out of the way to figure out where the QDs are to be installed.

I did not use power beyond. I ran the dump/curl hoses from the (joystick) loader valve to the diverter valve. Then ran the dump/curl lines from the diverter valve to the dump/curl cylinders. The grapple open/close lines were ran from the diverter valve to the QDs I installed on the loader's crosstube line cover. View attachment 438341View attachment 438342View attachment 438343
hugs, Brandi

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !!! I DID IT !! I now have a grapple thumb on my loader bucket.:cool2:
SallyB

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !!! I DID IT !! I now have a grapple thumb on my loader bucket.:cool2:
SallyB
:D:thumbsup::cool::licking::);):dance1::cool2:
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #109  
SallyB

:thumbsup:

Sally, you forgot one thing - Build-it-Yourself forum wants to see a new thread for your project, with PHOTOS !!

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
:thumbsup:

Sally, you forgot one thing - Build-it-Yourself forum wants to see a new thread for your project, with PHOTOS !!
Oh yeah!
hugs, Brandi