Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics...

/ Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics... #11  
If you want to meet most safety requirements you will need to replace both the lift and tilt cylinders with cylinders that have the load holding valves mounted directly on or in them. This eliminates any hose burst concerns but also eliminates float.

Another option is hose burst valves but these will allow loader to drop a ways before locking up. These are frequently used in application like tail gate lift. They will allow float as long as flow does not exceed preset limit.

/ Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics...
Could you link me to "hose burst valves"... I'm not familiar with those...

/ Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics... #14  
What is your ultimate goal on how you want your loader to perform?

First post was asking for load holding and float. This is a very difficult combination to achieve.

Do a search for hose burst valve. Hydac, Rexroth, Hawe, etc. all make them.

From what I read, If the hyd. sys. fails, the valve "locks off" the hydraulic fluid so forks or bucket do not move...

About the float... Folks talk about putting their snow pushing "blades" into a float condition so it will follow the contour of the ground to make plowing snow easier...

Personally, I'm not familiar with either of those things... They sound like something that would make like easier and safer...

oldnslo... I appreciate your effort trying to help me..​

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics... #16  
From what I read, If the hyd. sys. fails, the valve "locks off" the hydraulic fluid so forks or bucket do not move...
Read where on what type of vehicle or application? Man lift, crane, loader?
About the float... Folks talk about putting their snow pushing "blades" into a float condition so it will follow the contour of the ground to make plowing snow easier...
I suspect your loader has float option now. With bucket on the ground push the joystick forward a little harder to see if it pops into a detent. If it does now back up with valve in this position and the bucket should follow contour of the ground. I.e. the bucket “floats” over the surface.
Personally, I'm not familiar with either of those things... They sound like something that would make like easier and safer...
Float is common on loaders, hose burst protection not as common but possible with correctly sized hose burst valve at each cylinder. Sizing these is the challenge.

Read where on what type of vehicle or application? Man lift, crane, loader?

Mostly on telehandlers... is my experience...

If my idea is not do-able, I will step back from the safety valve thing until I can hit a hydraulics shop...

I suspect your loader has float option now. With bucket on the ground push the joystick forward a little harder to see if it pops into a detent. If it does now back up with valve in this position and the bucket should follow contour of the ground. I.e. the bucket “floats” over the surface.

I will check that out... Thanks...

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics... #18  
Tele-handler is a different style machine than typical loader on a tractor. I would suspect most newer tele-handlers do have some form of hose burst protection since they are used to transport and lift product with people working in same vicinity a job sites. Loaders can be used for this but typically not their main purpose in life.

Does a Tele-handler have float feature? Not sure since have not been around newer units.

oldnslo... Does a Tele-handler have float feature? Not sure since have not been around newer units.

I can't see what use a float feature would be on a telehandler... Sooo I doubt they would have that feature...

/ Hydraulic safety valve and float valve install on bucket hydraulics... #20  
I didnt know how burst valves existed until reading this thread.. seems like a big oversight for me personally but hey, im glad i learned sometime!