3-Point Hitch Hydraulic Top Link

/ Hydraulic Top Link #1  

gunny0628

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King 55HC
RK 55 HST Cab

So I installed a hydraulic top link today and I originally put the connections in the B terminals on the rear remotes. The movement on the hydraulics were very choppy. And it felt like there was a stop gap when I moved the lever forward. Like a skip.

When I put moved the hoses to the A terminals on the rear remotes it was very smooth. Not sure why this was happening. Sorry if I didn’t explain it correctly.

Bill

/ Hydraulic Top Link #2  
Do the B terminals get much use? Maybe they just need to be cycled some.

/ Hydraulic Top Link
The tractor has 26 hours on it and nothing has been hooked up to the rear remotes.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #4  
Was the air fully purged from the cylinder/hoses when hooked to the first remotes ?

/ Hydraulic Top Link #6  
I have the optional 3rd remote. The bottom set labelled A was hooked up to the backhoe. It has detents to lock it in on either side (keeping the fluid flowing constantly) so will not work on the HTL. The optional 3rd one on top is labelled C and does not lock in - like a joystick - fluid flows only when at either end and stops when released. The middle one labelled B was the first one I tried to hook my HTL to - something wasn't right: forward seems to lock it in like A and backward seems not lock in like C. Have not had a chance to look into it further. As usual, the owner's manual is lacking in information.
At this point, my HTL is hooked into the 3rd/C remote and works fine. So if your A is set up for backhoe with detents and your B is misbehaving like mine and you don't have the C, it will be hard to control the HTL.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #7  
Not sure how TYM sets up their rear remotes. Sounds like one valve is a SCV (Self Cancelling Valve) and the other is a float valve.

The SCV will have a detent in both directions. It only provides minimal flow until the lever is locked into detent. Not user friendly for something lile an HTL.

The Float Valve only has detent on the lowering end of lever movement. This opens the valve and lets the cylinder float. Spring loaded movement either direction provides excellent flow control. It's preferred for HTL use.

/ Hydraulic Top Link
I only have two rear remotes. I tried B first and that one seems more like what markie said - it locks going forward, not when going backward - that is, pulling the lever or pushing it.

It’s now in A and behaving like it should. Very smooth, stays in position and acts much like the controls for the TPH.

I’m pretty confused, but at least the top link is working. For now.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

/ Hydraulic Top Link #9  
Not sure how TYM sets up their rear remotes. Sounds like one valve is a SCV (Self Cancelling Valve) and the other is a float valve.

The SCV will have a detent in both directions. It only provides minimal flow until the lever is locked into detent. Not user friendly for something lile an HTL.

The Float Valve only has detent on the lowering end of lever movement. This opens the valve and lets the cylinder float. Spring loaded movement either direction provides excellent flow control. It's preferred for HTL use.

Hmmm...when I get the tractor back, I'll have to play with it and see what happens (right now, my wife is hogging it...) My A and C seem to work as designed/expected - my B threw me for a loop. Thanks!

/ Hydraulic Top Link #10  
So where did you acquire your hyd. cylinder if I may ask?

I now have a lot of dirt work coming and am considering a side link.

Thank you ...