I have a bad feeling about this

/ I have a bad feeling about this #71  
I just got off the phone with Multi-Seal and they say that with calcium filled tires you will need to use a 1 to 10 ratio of MS to Calcium. A 5 gallon pail will cost $167.oo U.S. dollars plus freight. The exchange rate is I believe about 25%, so 167.oox1.25=$208.75 CDN $

/ I have a bad feeling about this #72  
It's not a happy picture. If the tire fill is indeed Calcium well darn and I'd be as careful of that as I would antifreeze or dumping drain oil on the road for dust. It just doesn't happen here.

At the same time I have my toy tractor and big bertha filled with CC. I do that for a reason: it was what the vendor supplied, it was economical, and the ballast has saved me more times than I deserve. Safety is 1st.

So you have a leaking tire on a small tractor. If you dismount it do you not have another way of getting it (both) into your pickup? No neighbor with a loader?

Whether you do CC or something else I am a true believer in ballast. After these years you are also used to it and you probably don't want to run without or you will be learning new lessons and still calling your neighbors - hopefully you survive the problem.

I like the earlier suggestion of a tube. Yup. Frankly I like tubes anyway. I wish you health and safety.

Agree on all counts. I've had two 60+ year old tractors that were filled w/ CC since brand new. I do not know how many tubes or rims they went through, or what the inside of the rim looked like when I sold them, but they were doing fine at that point. My latest tractor had CC (in tubes) in the tires and has had it since 2012 & still had the original rims.

Do I like it? Not really, but I need the ballast and Rimguard isn't a viable option here. Both sides were leaking when I bought the tractor, I had the tubes replaced but, after much waffling, decided to put the CC back in. Again, no other real option within 80 miles & tires too big for me to dismount/haul/remount. It finally came down to I'd rather my heirs buy a new rim in 30 years than be unable to drag ground engaging implements or flip the tractor (and we don't even have hills around here).

Definitely go with the tube, but realize that the tube can leak and a lot of rust can happen before you know it.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #73  
I would suggest getting a tire service out to do tubes. Instead of spending money on the sealant, finding it still leaks, and then having the tire service out after anyways.

And tire companies HATE sealant. There is a good chance they will charge you more to fix it if it has that goop in it.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #74  
I would suggest getting a tire service out to do tubes. Instead of spending money on the sealant, finding it still leaks, and then having the tire service out after anyways.

And tire companies HATE sealant. There is a good chance they will charge you more to fix it if it has that goop in it.
Tire companies want you to buy a new tire. Fine if you need one. - - That "goop" goes in through the valve and then is diluted 10:1 by liquid tire contents. It can easily be gotten out. Multiseal would surely have data and details.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #75  
Any halfway decent tire service will install tubes and boots as needed rather than replacing tires. Sealant is not the answer for a tire with calcium....

/ I have a bad feeling about this #76  
Any halfway decent tire service will install tubes and boots as needed rather than replacing tires. Sealant is not the answer for a tire with calcium....

Have you tried it with the Hydro 1500 product?

/ I have a bad feeling about this #77  
I had rim gaurd in my old tractor and never had a problem below -35 I think it just turns to slush rather than freezing solid.

as for cast iron weights Max weight per tire is about 300Lbs on my Grand L but liquid ballast can get up to 500lb per side so there is an advantage to liquid ballast.

Pneu robert bernard has locations all over quebec and may be able to help. your closest tractor dealer regardless of brand or AG COOP should be able to recommend a good tire service.

/ I have a bad feeling about this
Got a quote for $535 to come here (45 minutes away), empty the NaCl in bins, remove tires, grind the rims, install tubes, reinstall tires, refill with original NaCl. They are coming next week.

/ I have a bad feeling about this
This is what the rims looked like. Awaiting the final bills. Tires were patched and according to the technician (I wasn't present unfortunately), they fell off and needed to be replaced. They now have tubes and topped up with NaCl since one wheel had less than the rim height. Thanks all for your help.

IMG_20211020_224715.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

/ I have a bad feeling about this #80  
F
This is what the rims looked like. Awaiting the final bills. Tires were patched and according to the technician (I wasn't present unfortunately), they fell off and needed to be replaced. They now have tubes and topped up with NaCl since one wheel had less than the rim height. Thanks all for your help.

View attachment 717787

View attachment 717788
Those pics show the old tires still had the vent spews. Doesn't look like a tire that would "fall off the rim".
Did they save the "old tires"?
Or did they say "well they were so bad we had to charge $100 disposal fee".
And the rim looks like it got the original paint worn off in places.

Depends on your dealer.
I just bought a set of new rear Turfs for my B7610 and the Tires AND Rims were cheaper than the tires alone.
As a side note my 2 NEW rear turfs were about $850 TOTAL. The rears are 33x12.5x15.
/edit - I did not get them loaded because I've a backhoe for ballast :)

Last edited: