I have no idea what to buy

/ I have no idea what to buy #31  
The OP, mattnelsonesq, has not checked in since the day he opened this thread.
That's not untypical...
We members are really into tractors and associated equipment and gear...most folks aren't

/ I have no idea what to buy #32  
me thinks PassWord issue might be to blame also ...

/ I have no idea what to buy #33  
Not really single taskers...
I added an after-market hitch to my Deere Z920 and use it for towing an aerator and lawn roller.
Now, I've seen ZT snow plows...maybe OK is a light snow, but never used one...but in my situation, a snow plow mounted to the UTV would be a better choice
True; I did use my ZTM to tow my aerator and it has pulled my small yard trailer. I usually do that work with my ATV. And, of course, I have my tractor for most tasks.

/ I have no idea what to buy #34  
The heck with the mowers just buy some sheep
a whole lot cheaper and; then you have the wool 🤣

willy

/ I have no idea what to buy #35  
For just mowing… I’d get a ZTR.

I finish mow 2 acres with plenty of trees and a couple buildings, and I take my time. It takes me 75 minutes on my Hustler X-One 72”.

I really like the mower. It’s commercial duty with serviceable drive units and a commercial 29hp motor. It will outlive me, I’m pretty certain.
The Hustler X-One, do you know if that is by Cub Cadet?? They look so so much alike

/ I have no idea what to buy #36  
Hey:

I am buying a property with about 1.8 acres of grass. This is my first time owning this much grass to mow and first time buying a ride on mower. Can anyone give me some directions on what the market looks like out there? What brand is garbage? Which is really high end but way overpriced? I live in SW Michigan which has a moderate amount of snow as well and the property is flat. Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt
We mow 2 acres of St. Augustine in East Texas with an X Mark Quest, with a 42" welded deck, that we have had for over 10 years with very few problems. I do take it to the local dealer in January/February for an annual tune up. We also put mulching blades on it and had a local welding shop make a grass discharge block that bolts on.

/ I have no idea what to buy #37  
I just went from a riding mower to a zero turn. I have a bit more property than you (7.15 acres), but can easily say that the riding mower seemed ok at first, but I ended up tearing my rotator cuff, and that forced me to spend the extra. Now, I can honestly say how bad the riding mower was. I bought a cub cadet after sitting on several others, and it is, by far, much more comfortable for me. Mowing is far easier, getting a nice finish fast is a huge thing.
Far less need of manual weed eating since I can get in and around things pretty close. I have many obstacles to work around, so that is also a factor for me. I chose a 54", but could have gone bigger, I would not advise smaller since having the cutting edges outside of the wheel base is a massive benefit even on a smaller yard.

I was nervous about driving one, but it took me about 5 minutes of getting used to it, now I can mow quite fast, and with 3 cutting blades, it cuts well fast! 7mph is fast on one, and the fact it CAN do a good job at that speed is pretty impressive

/ I have no idea what to buy #38  
Hey:

I am buying a property with about 1.8 acres of grass. This is my first time owning this much grass to mow and first time buying a ride on mower. Can anyone give me some directions on what the market looks like out there? What brand is garbage? Which is really high end but way overpriced? I live in SW Michigan which has a moderate amount of snow as well and the property is flat. Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt
If this is for Mowing only, I would seriously look at Zero Turn machines. Gravely, Cub Cadet, Toro. These machines turn on a dime leaving you with much less trimming then the standard Ride-on. If you anticipate other duties, let us know.
Just went back to see you looking at ZTs. I have about 3 acres that I now. Some steep hills. At 62 I still use a walk-behind. I have two machines. Old faithful, Howard Price 36" cut that has served me since '91. But a great deal on a Bradley 48" has basically put the Howard Price into retirement. The Bradley is a mail order mower but has commercial hydro units and commercial engines. If you still want to walk or attach a Sulky, you may want to look at these.

Last edited:
   / I have no idea what to buy #39  
FYI, Kubota is still offering 0 percent financing on new tractors and zero turn lawnmowers too.

Yeah I worked at Kubota. Them transmissions are big complicated....

/ I have no idea what to buy #40  
Not to be too redundant, but I originally used a 4WD Kubota tractor with a 60" rear-mount mower. It took me 5 hours to mow 5 acres, and then I had to trim around trees with a push mower. I bought a Bad Boy ZTR from TSC about 15 years ago, and it mows the same 5 acres in 90 minutes, with no need to trim around trees. The only caveat is that the ZTR is not so good on hills. There are many good brands available. The TSC version of BadBoy seems like a bargain for the price and how it is built. It is a low-speed pro model for a bit more than $5000. The cheapo consumer models with a stamped deck usually go for $3000; avoid them. Most pro models by other brands go for $10000 and up. They do mow a bit faster and may have a suspension. But forget about a riding mower for mowing; it is not very good at the job. The ZTR is not very good for towing, though.