I need help deciding on new trailer

/ I need help deciding on new trailer
image-3790092611.jpg

Here's another picture I can only attach one at a time for some reason.

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #103  
Nice set up. Given the squat on your truck, I suggest you may wish to invest in a weight distributing hitch. My guess is you bumper hitch is rated for maybe 500 lbs and your probably over that. A trip to the scales should be your next visit to be sure you're safe. Another thing you may try is drive on forward and center your tractor tire over the axles.

Yeah you are right on the mark with 500 pounds of tongue weight Max. I have a weight distribution hitch set up for it and will definitely use it for most heavy hauling. I was just playing around with it testing the best way to load it. Most of my transports are inside of 5 miles and not on high-speed roads so will probably be okay without it for that. The trailer has about 300 pounds of tongue weight empty. The way is loaded in my picture it's not too bad I'm just parked on a slight incline. Here is another picture where I pulled the tractor farther forward you can see the difference. Also thanks for the link for the pictures I always seem to have trouble if I want to load more than one from my iPhone six. Screen will just lock out black when I try for second picture.

Attachments

• image-3218070353.jpg
    image-3218070353.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 128
   / I need help deciding on new trailer #105  
Would love to see a photo that the details showed up better in

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #106  
Would love to see a photo that the details showed up better in
Yep, Photography 101, The light coming from behind the camera, shining on what you are taking the picture of. :thumbsup:

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #107  
Not sure a WD hitch is needed, but I would try loading front first and balance the load better. There should be a little squat, and it's not that bad really.

Used the trailer again today and snapped another pic. Hopefully the camera police will be a little happier. It's just that when I think to take a pic it's often not the best light or in best location and I was beat and not moving it all around.
Funny thing, I couldn't figure out why the trailer deck looked so high so I inspected the shackles between axles and found that they were installed wrong. Once I fixed that the deck height dropped about 3 inches. Much better now Not sure how that slipped past quality control.

image-1490318372.jpg

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #109  
"..Not sure how that slipped past quality control...."

Doesn"t surprise me:

Photos of shackles on leaf springs of my truck:

A012.JPG

A013.JPG

I paid a shop to replace these (originals rusted out) and did not notice until I had the bed off 2 years later that shackles were installed facing in different directions.

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #110  
Used the trailer again today and snapped another pic. Hopefully the camera police will be a little happier. It's just that when I think to take a pic it's often not the best light or in best location and I was beat and not moving it all around.
Funny thing, I couldn't figure out why the trailer deck looked so high so I inspected the shackles between axles and found that they were installed wrong. Once I fixed that the deck height dropped about 3 inches. Much better now Not sure how that slipped past quality control.

View attachment 423898

The equalizer and arms will flip over if you use too much braking with no load on the trailer. I loaned out my 10K once and got it back 3" taller than it was when it left. Got looking and figured it out, the asked the person I loaned it to if he turned his brake module down and he said yes after he locked them up once. Told him to do it BEFORE he towed the trailer. I don't loan stuff out very often any more. CJ