I Still Hate My Tractor II

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #471  
You didn't add your favorite seasoning, so it didn't work..... :)

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II
Finally called a Kubota engine dealer who knew exactly what I am up against, they tell me that Kubota uses a heat treated piston on the V2003T engine.

Comes in a complete kit with gaskets for $1300 bux. I said sign me up and out came the credit card again.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #473  
Sorry for your problems, sounds like you are on your way to a better fix this time.

Guess the after market folks knew it was a problem when they refunded money right away. They likely have had that issue before.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #474  
Finally called a Kubota engine dealer who knew exactly what I am up against, they tell me that Kubota uses a heat treated piston on the V2003T engine.

Comes in a complete kit with gaskets for $1300 bux. I said sign me up and out came the credit card again.

Did they explain what the heat treatment was for? Strength, dimensional stability, etc...

Does the T in V2003T mean its for a Turbo application? Did they say if it will have the steel top ring lands you desired?

One would think the other piston supplier would pull their pistons for this application or change accordingly.

Hope these are the solution for your troubles.

Kit came today, all pistons, Bearings, seals to rebuild this thing.

Turbo pistons have a different top and the upper ring land is steel or hardened whatever. IMGP0281.JPGIMGP0282.JPGIMGP0283.JPGIMGP0280.JPG

Looks like the turbo goes back on this lemon. I had no idea one can purchase the whole kit quite a stretch cheaper then buying just pistons and gaskets from a tractor dealer. What an eye opener.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #476  
Good stuff Fred. Looking forward to the completion!!!

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #477  
Thanks for posting.

Any chance you can post where you got the kit from?

Kubota Engine Dealer for New or Remanufactured Engines & Engine Parts

I called one Kubota engine supplier in New Jersey they never returned my call. I've been Googling far too many hours trying to find info and these guys are on Ebay so I figured one call wouldn't hurt. Scott there knew exactly what I needed. I knew somebody made better pistons for this thing.

Just about EVERY time I modify or try to make a vehicle or machine better I make it worse. This one should be my last mistake.

Takes good parts to choke down bad beer. This case of Crud Light has been in the shop since a Christmas party and I guess I've never been a fan.
IMGP0284.JPG

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #480  
Takes good parts to choke down bad beer. This case of Crud Light has been in the shop since a Christmas party and I guess I've never been a fan.
View attachment 637529

Fred, ya gotta just let it go.... I know it's hard to waste Beer. But sometimes ya just gotta let it go. :(