I Still Hate My Tractor II

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II
Sounds like you have a solution, are you planning on changing your intake to feed in the center? or did you already do that when putting the turbo on?

I have a turbo intake coming but the injection lines are way different.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #502  
At the engine shop this morning the guys were showing me their 2 dynos. One engine and the other chassis.

I doubt this little engine would even be able to spin the engine dyno.

I'd love to see a picture of your tractor strap to a chassis dyno and the accompanying HP/Torque graphs! :D

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #503  
My dad used to rebuild electric motors at his business. He used a tractor dyno to test them. They're just a trailer with a PTO shaft connection. A big steering wheel on the back adjusts they load.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #504  
Bore is finished, I asked for an extra .0005", I got it and all 4 are perfect until I put the fuel back to her:pullinghair:

Flywheel weighs 64 lbs. not that it matters.

IMGP0288.JPGIMGP0289.JPG

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #506  
That's interesting that you the European spec 5W40.
Are you using the VW 505 spec,or the VW 507 spec for the DPF engines?
Thanks and good luck on your new mill!
Kit comes with every gasket except the injection pump shim for the timing. Also has glow plug seals, valve seals, crank seals, every bearing for the crank and rods and wristpins. All 4 pistons with wristpins and rings, circlips. No bearings for the balance shafts.

You won't find it on any website and the box doesn't have a Kubota number that makes any sense.

So inside the box is 4 piston boxes, a bag with the crank bearings, an upper gasket kit and lower gasket kit.

Trust me when I tell you you won't need to look up any single gasket or seal because they are all there.

Apparently they haven't offered these complete kits for that long but surely I stand corrected by someone more in the know then myself.

My bearings look brand new as and I attribute that to regular oil changes with European spec 5W-40 synthetic.

The price of 4 pistons and the head gasket and 3 simple seals I needed were well over the $1300 bux I paid from an engine dealer for the complete kit, most of which will go in the trash.

That's interesting that you the European spec 5W40.
Are you using the VW 505 spec,or the VW 507 spec for the DPF engines?
Thanks and good luck on your new mill!

http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/Pento_High_Performance_II_5W-40.pdf

I buy this in 55 gal. drums for my business, it's great oil. Interesting you speak VW oil specs, 505.01 isn't allowed in their DPF equipped Diesels in lieu of 504/507 but if you notice this oil has the Mercedes Benz 229.51 approval which is fine for Sprinters and Benz Diesels equipped with DPFs. I understand 504/507 is formulated to extend the life of the DPF.

If I had a newer DPF equipped tractor I would still run this oil.

I always have Euro engines scattered all over the shop and most generally it's for timing chain issues (junk plastic chain guides) not bearings and oil related problems. I still go back to the premise that more frequent oil changes keep engines working better than extended intervals. I change the tractor oil around 120-150 hours and it is nasty looking from over fueled pump settings and short trips to move wood as most times the engine never reaches full temp.

One thing I notice about the oil cooler is that the oil temperature comes up much faster.IMGP0290.JPG

It's back to running again, better than ever with the turbo and tight top end.

I haven't dared beat it yet but the ticking noise after a hot run is gone, I blamed it on the loose piston to wristpin tolerances.

I'm leery of running it hard just yet.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #509  
Good Deal Fred
Congratulations!

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #510  
Sounds good hope she does good for you now.