Ideas for tipping pallets

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #1  

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
I have bulk bags that hold a face cord of wood and sit on standard 40x48 pallets. The bags have four straps at each top corner and two straps on the bottom.

Pallets with bags will be lifted into the bed of the pickup truck for delivery

Looking for ideas to dump the bags at customer location. Most customers will not have a tractor. Bags/pallets do not need to be lowered out of bed. Wood splits to be dumped.

TIA for any suggestions.

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #2  
I don’t know how heavy the pallet/bag of wood would be … no pun intended…. but could an engine hoist or some kind of crane attached to your pickup lift it?

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #4  
12V winch on top of the frame, lifting the front bottom of the bag.

pickup-firewood-bag-dump.jpeg

Bruce

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #5  
20% :)

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #6  
Gonna have to be a heck of a bag to survive 1600 lbs of split wood being dumped out of it me thinks. Be interested to hear your reports.

Can you get a pice of 2” square tube that would fit in your hitch receiver, about 6-8’ long? Put that in the bed of the truck with a comealong or small electric winch. When you get to the delivery site stick it in the receiver, attaché the comealong to the end, pull on the top straps from the far side of the bag to dump or bottom straps to scoot it? Edge protector for your tailgate or truck bed would probably be a good idea depending on how much you love your truck.

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #8  
Shooter, does the wood dry in those bags you have? As in fresh cut trees are normally cut, split and stacked for drying. And would the bags hold up to wood splits falling off the end conveyor of a fire wood processor? Just finished cuttting this winters dead ash with a fire wood processor and have a mess to clean up. Using the processor somewhere else would make clean up easier. Can the bags be reused? Lots of thinking to do. Thanks, Jon

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #9  
807C8033-80CB-4C8E-A595-9291194B59FC.png

Strap the base down if it’s not on forks!

/ Ideas for tipping pallets #10  
I have bulk bags that hold a face cord of wood and sit on standard 40x48 pallets. The bags have four straps at each top corner and two straps on the bottom.

Pallets with bags will be lifted into the bed of the pickup truck for delivery

Looking for ideas to dump the bags at customer location. Most customers will not have a tractor. Bags/pallets do not need to be lowered out of bed. Wood splits to be dumped.

TIA for any suggestions.
Do I understand correctly that you're looking to dump the wood out of the bag? Not leaving the bag at the customers house? If so, why bother putting it in a bag at all? Just a thought, but a fit person can throw 1600 lbs of loose firewood out of a pickup in less than 10 minutes. Less of an option of course if the person is overweight, elderly or has some other physical handicap.