I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel...

/ I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel...
The average of $14 to $15 grand doesn't include glass for a shower.
Understood, and I've come to realize that dealing with my carpenter. As I mentioned, I paid more than that on average for both bathrooms which includes glass (still waiting on the glass for the master to be installed now actually).

/ I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel... #32  
My wife didn't even want sliding glass doors on our bathtub showers because of having to clean the glass. She'd rather buy a new shower curtain liner and throw the old one away.

My wife didn't even want sliding glass doors on our bathtub showers because of having to clean the glass.
Honestly, doesn't seem like a huge issue since we've put in sliding doors in the guest bathroom, and that was from last year.

/ I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel... #34  
When our boys came to live with us through foster care at around 7 years old. . .

I want to take a moment and thank you for fostering. I've always respected you, and now I respect you even more.

/ I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel... #35  
Yep, I used to build houses, had three going at a time. Had three five man crews. So glad to be out of that. One or even two man jobs are good.

/ I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel... #36  
The issue is how do you come up with "the recipe" as a business owner to price out jobs to ensure that you make enough to sustain your business?

Average net profit for a HVAC company in the US is 2% gross margin of sales after everything is paid for. Think about that...

As a business, you don't want to rip people off, but you need enough to sustain and grow your business. Anything mechanical per trucks and tools are going to break down over time and you need repair costs. How do you determine to include those future issues in your job costing?

After Eddies numbers, I might of paid a little more, but for the PITA factor and what we got, we can't complain.

Only issue is the toilet now comes with a remote LOL My wife never saw me fall in love with an inanimate object like I did with a hot toilet seat :ROFLMAO: Due to not having my shoulder replaced yet, the bidet may come in handy to boot(y)

View attachment 798523
I installed a Bidet before my back fusion last November, don’t know how I would have managed without it. Also come in handy with my recent shoulder surgery.

I installed a Bidet before my back fusion last November, don’t know how I would have managed without it. Also come in handy with my recent shoulder surgery.
In all honesty the reason why I wanted the toilet seat was because I fell in love with the heated seat when I had to use the bathroom in the showroom at the plumbing supply house :ROFLMAO: (smart marketing on their end). After using the bidet however in our bathroom, I can see how it can come in handy.

I want to take a moment and thank you for fostering. I've always respected you, and now I respect you even more.
A sincere thank you. Our boys weren't biological brothers, but ironic enough, your username could describe both of them.

When my wife and I got married, we were doing foster care for the local rural human society, and my wife started volunteering for guardian ad litem a couple of years after that (she's been doing it now for the last 18 years). After being married for 8 or 9 years together without having children of our own, seemed like a sin not to at least try with a semi large house and land. Best thing I ever did as a person.

Over the years have come to learn that dogs are easier to train than kids, but at least kids are easier to train over cats.

Last edited:
   / I'm in the wrong trade... bathroom remodel... #39  
Honestly, doesn't seem like a huge issue since we've put in sliding doors in the guest bathroom, and that was from last year.
How often does it get used? Daily use by multiple people is a lot different than one used mostly by company.
My wife had them at one place she lived before we met, told me in no uncertain terms they were off the table when we re-did our bathroom.