Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #421  
^^^ Less chance of breakage/damage when digging max depth
Yes, definitely seems safer from damage. I’m wondering how it may change the leverage of the machine. I have seen this set up on a small Kubota, but not many others.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #422  
Yes, definitely seems safer from damage. I’m wondering how it may change the leverage of the machine. I have seen this set up on a small Kubota, but not many others.
More down force and less lift force than an under boom cylinder of the same size.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Can anyone speak to the advantages/disadvantages of the boom cylinder placed behind the boom?
As mentioned, you get more lifting force with cyl under boom, but it really limits your digging depth. With most of the 1-ton minis, which have under-boom cyls, the lifting force is enormous, but in many cases, unusable. The machine is so light, it just tips. Digging depth is only about 5.5'.

Protecting under-boom cylinder hoses/pipes is super important, and most of the Chinese units do not provide any protection here. Just flipping the cyl around so the hoses are between cyl and boom is what I do, and there is no downside. I do not know why they are shipped the way they are.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #424  
This might be a dumb question…..but, if there is a hydraulic oil cooler, will the mini also require a cooling fan?

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
...if there is a hydraulic oil cooler, will the mini also require a cooling fan?
Require?

A good idea, yes. Some of the units like mine (4yo XN08) had hyd oil coolers mounted outside the house behind the driver's seat. I am sure it helped a lot, but no fan.

Others I have seen use a fan inside the house. The Kubota 3-cyl diesel-powered mini-X I referred to a few months ago had an oil cooler integrated into a water radiator, which utilized the engine's mechanical fan.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #426  
Hey Folks , got some pics for you.
kat 12.jpg

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #427  
Made it back without incident. 5 1/2 hours each way. My assessment of AGT Industrial/ Agrotk is not a bad machine for the price of a zero turn mower. I'm sending pics that I hope will help others.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #428  
Here is how I switched from Excavator to Backhoe controls
valve block.jpeg
hose block.jpeg
hose 2.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #429  
I wondered why the trailer floor was covered in oil. I removed the cover plate/floor of the machine and found this.
o ring.jpeg

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #430  
Didn't take long to figure this one out. Oh! Thats where that goes.Of course , easier to fill the hydraulic tanks on multiple machines by zipping off the tops.
oil tank w:oring.jpeg