Is new equipment really that hard to come by?

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #21  
I ordered a new Kubota SVL-75/2 compact track loader back in February and it finally came in so I went yesterday to get it, before I left with it my salesman said if you want to make 15k off of that skid steer there is a man in Arkansas who has called twice this week wanting that skid steer you ordered, he told him it was pre-purchased and that I was coming to pick it up, he said his dealer in Arkansas was 15k higher than what I payed and if I was interested he would give me that for it as his dealer told him he didn't know when he could get one in, I'm not gonna lie to you I almost did it, but I have jobs waiting on me that I need it for, just hard for me to believe that stuff is that hard to come by.
Prices are stupid HIGH.I was looking for a new 2022 1/2 ton truck in April went to chevy, ford and ram dealers.Most truck dealers wanted MSRP with no employee discount and they kept the rebates.I went to the ram dealer that I had previously ordered from in the past and dealt the owner and he gave me all discounts.My new 2022 Ram is arriving in about 2-3 weeks.Needless to say he will be getting ALL of my future business..

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #22  
   / Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #23  
I am fortunate, I was able to have a career as a lineman which I truly loved and will forever be thankful for the memories and friendship's made all over this country over 35 years, I am still in pretty good shape physically and am now able to start this little endevour just because I wanted to, the lord has truly blessed me by watching over me and guiding me through the years and I am very thankful.
Great post..I also feel the same being a retired electric lineman.What a great profession..Good luck on your new adventures..(y)

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #24  
Here I was thinking Lineman North Florida played football and was a lineman. :ROFLMAO:

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #25  
I've been pricing tractors lately, and it seems there are no Front End Loaders available. There are a few tractors, but no loaders.

I am also a dealer for a line of turf equipment and I asked the manufacturer this week about the availability of a verticutter. He said next April or May. They can't get any gearboxes. I'm pretty sure those came from China.

I ordered a new Ram 2500 in early December of 2021. I took delivery in mid January of 2022. I paid roughly $3000 below MSRP.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #26  
I went to the Kubota house the other day to shop for ZTRs. Specifically for the amount of acreage I’ll be mowing, I was wanting to look at the Z251kh-54. I really want to go a little bigger with the Z422kw-54 - which is probly what I will do. Anyway. . . The sales gal told me they have NO Z200 series ZTRs and they would not be getting Any from Kubota until after January 2023
Must be the area. Plenty of z421/422 around here.
Plenty of every kind of mower it seems.
I bought a 421/54 last month as it was aged inventory and 20pct less than the new ones.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #27  
I ordered a new Kubota SVL-75/2 compact track loader back in February and it finally came in so I went yesterday to get it, before I left with it my salesman said if you want to make 15k off of that skid steer there is a man in Arkansas who has called twice this week wanting that skid steer you ordered, he told him it was pre-purchased and that I was coming to pick it up, he said his dealer in Arkansas was 15k higher than what I payed and if I was interested he would give me that for it as his dealer told him he didn't know when he could get one in, I'm not gonna lie to you I almost did it, but I have jobs waiting on me that I need it for, just hard for me to believe that stuff is that hard to come by.
I believe there was a pretty steep price increase as of 4/1 so you did good in keeping it.
Enjoy your tools and toys and health in a well earned retirement.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #28  
Weird, i just drove by the local kubota dealer just today, and their lots are packed with tractors, skid steer and mini ex’s.
How many had loaders? I’ve been waiting since November for a LA1055. Salesman recently said their system indicates JULY but not for me to get my hopes up. I inquired about the new cabbed L6060 on his lot, he said he could have sold it several times if he could get a FEL for it.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #29  
FWIW I went on the local Mazda dealer's web site just to see what a car costs; they only had 3 new cars in stock. And this is a major dealer with multiple brands in a well populated area. I'm glad I have all the cars/tractors/ZTM I'll need for the foreseeable future.

One person said something about "when this blows over" and I'm beginning to think the shortages and increased inflation is "the new normal" as is the new infection/epidemic cycle.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #30  
Must be the area. Plenty of z421/422 around here.
Plenty of every kind of mower it seems.
I bought a 421/54 last month as it was aged inventory and 20pct less than the new ones.
Yep. They had 422s. It was the 200 series that they didn’t have and said it would be after January.