Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor?

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #141  
Lift capacity matters but smoothness and the ability to multifunction are very important also.

Another thing I've noticed between brands is the difference in smoothness and whine "loudness" in hydrostatic tractors.
That was the first thing I noticed on my 3301. It was probably even more noticeable because the canopy held the noise in. It had 175 hours on it when I bought it so I have no idea what was in it for fluids. When I did the 400 hour service I bought the Super UTD2, which seemed to quiet it down.
While there's a *tendency* for similar price to have similar quality, it's not always the case, and occasionally there are substantial exceptions.
There are distorting economic effects at play as well.
Some companies are comfortable with their market position and prefer to rake in the cash, while some others are willing to sell some products at a lower profit margin to be able to grow their share.
I put LS in the last category. They seem to make a strong product for a reasonable price, and I predict that prices will soon start creeping up. (If they haven't already.) I wouldn't buy one because of previous experiences with the dealer, but that's just my opinion.

OTOH I'd been thinking about trading for another brand, as the specs are very similar to that of my old L275, which was a great tractor. I checked prices and availability and was seriously thinking about it, as my next tractor purchase will likely be my last.
When I finally got to look at one though I didn't even sit on it before losing interest. The rear end casting was poor and junky looking, and reminded me of some of the Chinese Junk I've owned over the years.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #142  
OTOH I'd been thinking about trading for another brand, as the specs are very similar to that of my old L275, which was a great tractor. I checked prices and availability and was seriously thinking about it, as my next tractor purchase will likely be my last.
When I finally got to look at one though I didn't even sit on it before losing interest. The rear end casting was poor and junky looking, and reminded me of some of the Chinese Junk I've owned over the years.

I'm the same way. When looking for a tool to do one job or last for a few years the initial cost is big.

If I'm looking at a tool that has to be ready to work all day every day in any weather and put up with my maintenance - then cost changes to, "Can I afford it not to work"?

I still like to save money, but that's not at the top of the list.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #143  
That was the first thing I noticed on my 3301. It was probably even more noticeable because the canopy held the noise in. It had 175 hours on it when I bought it so I have no idea what was in it for fluids. When I did the 400 hour service I bought the Super UTD2, which seemed to quiet it down.

I put LS in the last category. They seem to make a strong product for a reasonable price, and I predict that prices will soon start creeping up. (If they haven't already.) I wouldn't buy one because of previous experiences with the dealer, but that's just my opinion.

if you don't mind, What brand and model tractor had the poor junky looking casting?

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #144  
if you don't mind, What brand and model tractor had the poor junky looking casting?
I would rather not say as it's just my opinion based on looking at one tractor. A lot of people own that same brand and have had good luck with them... in fact I've not heard anything seriously bad about them.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #145  
I would rather not say as it's just my opinion based on looking at one tractor. A lot of people own that same brand and have had good luck with them... in fact I've not heard anything seriously bad about them.
I get the based on "one" tractor thing.

I once saw two identical new models on a lot and the same thing could be said. One looked really decent and the other not so much... then there were the differences in the casting appearance looking at different size and hp models under the same Name brand, hard to believe the same company built them-in a sense I don't believe they did.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #146  
Has anyone tried Hiland Equipment in Alabama? They offer shipping for the used equipment they sell but I'm uneasy about buying something like that sight unseen.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor?
Original poster here, I incorrectly thought I would be notified when replies were made. I have a 2000 model year NH 1920 with the 7308 loader (1100 lbs lift capacity) and 758C backhoe (8 1/2 foot digging depth). It has 700+ hours and I have owned it since 2001. It has a 12 spd shuttle shift trans, pin on FEL bucket, and sub frame mounted BH. It has turf tires, which are 73" across the rears. It has never had a PTO 3PH attachment on it. I burn pellets which are 2000 lbs and are on a trailer that is aprox 2 foot high. Would like a tractor that has the SSQA loader, HST trans, R-1 tires and a BH. Not interested in any tractor that has DEF or regen. Sorry for not noticing the posts and would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and advice. Bill C

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #148  
I believe there is a setting so that you can receive notifications.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor?
thank you, just enabled email notifications