Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it?

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #41  
I see the backhoe, for me, as a 7-10k toy I would use if I had one, but not enough to justify the price....especially since once I bought one, I would want more goodies to 'improve' it.

Just a temptation I have to resist as with a retirement income, I have to be frugal with some things.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #42  
I agree with the statement that buying the backhoe with the tractor is the best way to go.

If I wanted to add one to my Massey I'd have to add chassis stiffeners along with the backhoe otherwise Massey won't honor the warranty. They claim that the weight of the backhoe will stress the chassis while driving causing it to crack without the additional hardware.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #43  
View attachment 712678
I would expect this is a bit too big for a backhoe.
Pfft I expect Clarkson to have a BH on his machine next season.

Image 9-8-21 at 10.02 AM.jpg

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #44  
Pfft I expect Clarkson to have a BH on his machine next season.

View attachment 712730
looks like it would fit a 3-point "front-hoe". There are numerous tractors out there that have 3-point hitches on the front. Just not the usual CUT. I built a 3-point hitch for my FEL so I could operate a few 3-pt attachments on the front (rake, boom pole, manlift, and hyd mixer). Very useful.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #45  
looks like it would fit a 3-point "front-hoe". There are numerous tractors out there that have 3-point hitches on the front. Just not the usual CUT. I built a 3-point hitch for my FEL so I could operate a few 3-pt attachments on the front (rake, boom pole, manlift, and hyd mixer). Very useful.
Much cheaper than skid steer implements off the front!

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #46  
I have a backhoe attachment that would work nicely on a 75 hp tractor. A Kelly 55. I don't want much for it as its to big for my 30hp tractor.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #47  
I have a 740 Arps came off a 200 hp tractor

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #48  
Would either of those BHs fit a 100 HP cab tractor?

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #49  
Yes, most will.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #50  
it sounds like the OP is looking for a larger tractor, not a larger backhoe. If so then I would suggest sitting on one at the dealer and see if it'll still do what you want. I bought my 580k because I needed to pull a lot of stumps, move large rocks, and dig a foundation for a house. My plan was to sell it and get a BH for my Kubota. What I found was that by the time I sold the Case and bought the BH attachment it was a wash and I was giving up a lot of BH capability so I just kept it.

While I laugh when I read threads about people with small (baby) BH's spending all afternoon digging up one stump that I can do in a couple minutes I can tell you that weeding the garden would be frustrating. There is such a thing as "too" big. Even at idle the difference between pulling up weeds and digging a foot deep is just a tiny fraction of a lever movement. About the best I can do is when I use it to break up the gravel driveway. In the dead of summer the clay gets almost as hard as cement. With the BH I can sink the teeth down about 4" to get below the hard stuff. But it's hard to be consistent.

I think if the BH you have works for what you need I would see if it's possible to mount it to a larger tractor. I don't think selling a used tractor with a BH is going to add a ton to the value. I don't know how your BH attaches to your Kioti but if it's a subframe I think a welder could make you a new frame.