JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors?

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #31  
I would call an injector service in your area and get an estimate on cleaning. They will check spray patterns as part of the service. You can then decide if you want to clean or replace. Another consideration is parts are not as good as they used to be, thank globalization.

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #32  
One other thought since Bob brought up filters that it may have been the filter problem and not the injection pump. I had a problem that turned out to be dirty tank and filters on a compact loader I bought recently. Would run for awhile then lose power. Tank was dirty and filters needed replacement. Nothing should get to the pump if filters are in place.

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #33  
I have a JD 1050 (I believe it is 20 + years old) with a 3-cylincer Yanmar engine. The JD dealer replace the fuel injector pump (that I bought) and now wants to 'clean' the injectors.
The estimate he game me seems way too high.
Does anyone know how many hours it would take to install the three injectors?
I am considering buying new ones (they don't seem too expensive) but I am concerned about the labor cost for installing them.

Thank you (I am new to this kind of world, just took over a small farm from my retired father-in-law who is no longer physically and mentally able.)

Farmer Marx
I am old school. If i faced paying 2k for finishing that particular job, i would consider that i am being ripped off. At most, it should only take 4-5 hours for the whole job. Three days to clean three injectors… nah

I would be buying a repair manual and making friends with youtube…

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #34  
I compared the price of cleaning injectors for an old JD and I decided to just buy new ones. No way I would pay that dealer to do anything. If you ask around or even check craigslist you can find mechanics that are looking for work. They are much cheaper and if you get some recommendations, you can find someone that does good work. I had my injector pump on a 4020 rebuilt by a fella that had retired from the local JD shop. The injectors, I just changed myself. I think you should give it a try. If you own a tractor, you must acquire some basic maintenance skills.

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #35  
if you get some recommendations, you can find someone that does good work.

I think you should give it a try. If you own a tractor, you must acquire some basic maintenance skills.

I sure do agree with both of these. I suppose it is possible to simply pay to have every little thing done for you instead of acquiring some basic skills....but then you risk losing out on half the enjoyment.
And you also lose one time-tested way to sidestep the effects of an economic recession/depression.

So do it yourself if you can - and know when not to do so. Injectors are easy; injector pumps are NOT!

The exception to all the "do it yourself advice" - including mine - might be simply age. I know I'm getting to that point where I have to have some things done that I'd enjoy doing myself. No sense in speeding that process up, though.
rScotty

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #36  
I own the same tractor. I’m gonna order new filters again pronto after reading this. Lol

/ JD 1050 - LABOR COST for cleaning and reinstalling injectors? #37  
My 1050 with rear 3pt log drag, boom pole that extends another 4.5 feet. Home built.

Attachments

• A5711D76-DF5E-47A2-A7F5-89FB08628420.jpeg
    A5711D76-DF5E-47A2-A7F5-89FB08628420.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • 2889BE28-E832-47B5-9E05-F41A18F7327D.jpeg
    2889BE28-E832-47B5-9E05-F41A18F7327D.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
  • 5BDA4338-2516-4414-B8A7-66FA34A88EF8.jpeg
    5BDA4338-2516-4414-B8A7-66FA34A88EF8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • C58D9DB8-73EE-4B7C-BCAE-B8BD3DD7140C.jpeg
    C58D9DB8-73EE-4B7C-BCAE-B8BD3DD7140C.jpeg