Buying Advice jd 5075e or ls p7010c

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #31  
Is the resale really that good? Based on New prices a few years ago when I started looking at a new tractor then decided to hold off for a few years. The cost of those JD.s that I looked at then being sold as used now are not really that impressive unless they have supper low hours.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #32  
The 0% financing that deere has been offering for quite some time has understandably hurt resale value, but JD is still the best out there as far as resale value goes...just not as good as it was.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #33  
Typically Deere is hard to beat in resale but it also depends on what model your looking at. I think the smaller E series will not have as good of resale as some of the other Deere models but not bad compared to some of the other brands. I know when my buddy bought his new 6330 a few years ago it was actually a few thousand cheaper to buy the new tractor versus the used model due to the 0% interest. I have saw many other examples of that. Pickup a used tractor magazine some time and you would be surprised how many slightly used tractors are listed for a little more than a new machine. Always compare the used model your looking at to new before you buy. I know Kubota has very, very, good resale also. Resale is still something the less known brands don't have. I have seen some of the no name brands be for over half the price in just a couple years less than they where new. I'm not saying there a bad brand by any means its just not what the average buyer will go after first is why the lesser value. I had my old MF 255 for almost 15 years. I paid $8,950 for it delivered to the farm. I sold it fifteen years later for $7,500. It had allot more hours and used some oil and the man that bought it was glad to get it. Try to get that kinda resale out of a car or truck. Better yet buy a car or truck that is used often that is still in that good of shape. Allot of old tractors are actually selling for more than they where new. A 4020 is a good example of that.

Is the resale really that good? Based on New prices a few years ago when I started looking at a new tractor then decided to hold off for a few years. The cost of those JD.s that I looked at then being sold as used now are not really that impressive unless they have supper low hours.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
My Dad had a neighbor tell him when he bought the farm that the best investment he could make was on a tractor. I think he gave something along the line of $4000 for the 820 J.D. All happened in '70/'71 right after my birth.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #35  
As I said the last few years.

I know for fact That quite a few used JD sat all summer long with their higher price tags and still didn't sell! These machines were not at all near the new price as I looked at them when I was shopping for a new to me machine in the 32 to 40 hp price range. So yes you may be right about model dependency but I also see a lot of folks around here who used to run nothing but green with shinny new machines of different colors so I wonder what the resale will be on some of these machines in 20 years as compared to the older ones that are 20+ now.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #36  
I think if the other brands are here in 20 years, have a good solid product, have dealers around with plenty of support, than yes all these other brands in time will gain good resale. I will be first to say Deere quality is not what it use to be. Some is there fault and some is that the consumer is pushing for a cheaper price which allot of times lowers the quality. Some is due to regulations on some of the Tier 4 engines on allot of the new modes that causes issues. Like I said I dont think Deere quality is what it was. Whats driving them now is a well known name, plenty of parts and service, and a dealer close by. Like I said before they better watch cause there is tons of company's out there making these little tractors and they can loose allot of business to them if they are not careful. What model Deeres where you looking at that where allot cheaper than new, hours, and years? I,m just curious.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #37  
Sorry but it would be impossible for me to remember the specifics of each machine I looked at when I was shopping. I did however have the benefit of looking at the same machines when they were brand new and had the price quote from 2 and 3 years prior when I first decided to buy a new tractor. The size range of the deere tractors I looked at and got both general prices and written quotes on were mostly all between 2320 all the way up to the 3720 (2000 and 3000 series ) as I wasn't exactly sure then if I just wanted to replace my JD with the same or similar or go bigger.

Yes they better watch as this long time deere owner has walked away and after some friends have seen what you can get and do with the same or less money and a different name brand they have lost some business. My friend is currently looking to sell/trade his 4120 and buy a new machine and after driving/workin mine he is looking very hard at other brands. My neighbor switched to Kabota, we have 2 bobcats, one LS, 4 Masseys, 2 other Kioti and I think I saw a Mahindra out working one of the local fields the other day but cant be sure till I get a closer look. All these fields were never worked by anything other than ford and deere as far as I can remember, but lately It seems that the deere population is becoming endangered. All this is just what I see within sptting distance and whats over the hill in the bigger fields seems to be turning red. Lets not forget about the Fintz (spelling?) I keep seeing which from what I have seen seem to be very good machines but I really don't have any facts on them or know prices as I have no need for something that big here.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #38  
An other question I have to ask would be from my experience working on and with bikes for other folks. It seems many of the HD riders belive they have a higher resale value when they don't. Now all this varies based on year and milage but it seems to me that unless they find the right buyer for their exact bike wanting the exact same mods/changes they actually loose about the same amount of cash at resale time as the average person who got a Honda/Kawasaki or whatever with a few models being an exception. You see what I am saying is if you drop 20,000 when new and advertise for 18,000 slightly used but settle for 15,000 at sale time when the other guy pays 13,000 new and sells for 8500 slightly used your resale really wasn't that good and the other guy actually had a higher resale margin, he just had less invested.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #39  
Around here for big ag tractors and for most of Ohio Deere rules. Next in line is Case IH which has gained allot of ground compared to what they use to have. For tractors in the 50 to 75 hp range its all Deere,then Kubota, New Holland, Case IH, MF and then a toss up of between Kioti, and Mahindra. For compacts its Deere 1st, then Kubota most people seem to have. Then its New Holland, Kioti, MF, Mahindra, and Case IH all about equal. For combines and planters Deere rules by a land slide. Next in line on combines is Case IH. Next in planters would be Kinze and then Case IH. The Fendt tractors are nice but they are very expensive and have allot of electronic gadgets. Fendt is owned by AGCO which also owns Valtra, Challenger,MF-Hesston,Gleaner and several other companies.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #40  
That's it Fendt ! Thanks I have seen 4 of them over the past 3 weeks someone must have dropped a lot of cash on a new fleet close by.