jd quick attach plus SSQA

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA #1  

Mallard1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
I'm getting closer to buying a grapple for my JD 4320 and like the EA grapple for upto 55hp. it looks like you either have to buy it for JDQA or SSQA. I am wondering why cant they have both? I know the lane shark and similar cutters that mount on the loader offer both mounts together so it will work with both style mounts. Is it a load issue with grapples? if not would I be better off ordering the SSQA mount then adding the JD brackets. I hate to be limited to just one tractor with the grapple as my next might not be a JD. Also my FIL and a good friend frequently swap implements some times. any thoughts?

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA #2  
Cross contamination of hydraulic fluids? Hydro trany's more picky?

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA #3  
I'm getting closer to buying a grapple for my JD 4320 and like the EA grapple for upto 55hp. it looks like you either have to buy it for JDQA or SSQA. I am wondering why cant they have both? I know the lane shark and similar cutters that mount on the loader offer both mounts together so it will work with both style mounts. Is it a load issue with grapples? if not would I be better off ordering the SSQA mount then adding the JD brackets. I hate to be limited to just one tractor with the grapple as my next might not be a JD. Also my FIL and a good friend frequently swap implements some times. any thoughts?

Can you show us an attachment that fits both SSQA AND JDQA?

I looked at the Lane Shark Website and think it is one or the other.

An image search didn't find anything that fits both styles.

This is JDQA for those not familiar with it:

JD Titan jdmp-dims-1.jpg
artillian_quick_attach_pallet_fork_set_john_deere_jdqa.jpg

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA #4  
Deere offers three quick attach on new loaders... Deere QA, Deere Global and SSQA. The Deere QA is for smaller loaders since it's light weight. But the SSQA is more common. I would recommend the SSQA but keep in mind your loader weight limits.

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA
here is a picture i found on the internet, I'm not around the lane shark to take a better picture but I will this weekend. the modern ag path slayer is built the same way.

lane shark.jpg

they do fit both tractors, I have used it on both my JD and also a Mihindra.

Last edited:
   / jd quick attach plus SSQA #6  
I found a picture on the Lane Shark Website that shows the combination mounting plate from the front:

JDQA and SSQA.JPG

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA #7  
Back to the first post, call and see if they will make a grapple with a JDQA, SSQA combo mount: Grapples and Brush Rakes

/ jd quick attach plus SSQA
Back to the first post, call and see if they will make a grapple with a JDQA, SSQA combo mount: Grapples and Brush Rakes

thanks, when I emailed everything attachments about it a couple months ago I got a simple "no", My FIL has the single lid rated to 75hp and roughing it with a tape I don't believe it would be hard to add a 1" plate hook on the top and have it contour the top and then gusset the sides. the bottom pin I think would be fine being drilled into 1/2" plate and plug welded and then position the plate on the grapple, I would probably add a second brace running top to bottom for it though.

I just get leary building something that no one else offers (other than FEL cutters). it makes me think I am missing something on why it won't work.

I know it would be simpler to just order the JDQA but I plan for this grapple to last 20-30 years and in that time I will have bought another tractor, just don't know if it will still be JD or not.

If Everything Attachments has a thought on this I would love to hear it?