Jd1020 hydraulic problems

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #1  

Workin fool

Tractor
John Deere 1020
I have a jd 1020 serial number high 79000. I have no power steering and no rokshaft function. I have checked the screen and filter they seem fine. Checked front mounted hydraulic pump no flow to pump . Looked in hydraulic fill didn’t see any spraying. Is next move to split tractor and look inside . thanks for any help

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #2  
If it's like my 2020, the coupler between the engine and hydraulic pump is problematic. Mine kept shearing the woodruff key in the connecting shaft. So the pump doesn't rotate so no hydraulic function at all.

How's the hydraulic oil level?

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems
I have a jd 1020 serial number high 79000. I have no power steering and no rokshaft function. I have checked the screen and filter they seem fine. Checked front mounted hydraulic pump no flow to pump . Looked in hydraulic fill didn’t see any spraying. Is next move to split tractor and look inside . thanks for any help

If it's like my 2020, the coupler between the engine and hydraulic pump is problematic. Mine kept shearing the woodruff key in the connecting shaft. So the pump doesn't rotate so no hydraulic function at all.

How's the hydraulic oil level?

Oil level is fine. I just drained and pulled the screen. Hardly anything on it. Next I pulled the filter and I looked fine. Pulled the bypass valve next it looked ok and wasn’t stuck. There was no oil going to the main pump in front from the transmission pump.

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #6  
Welcome to TBN
1st thing I suggest to do is remove hyd oil filter cover, place a clean drain bucket under opening then rotate engine crankshaft for 15 seconds & measure amount of oil in container. There should be 1.25-1.5 gallons in container. If there's less oil then trans pump/lines need a visual inspection. It's possible trans pump gear has broken. Does this tractor have hyd IPTO? If so the supply tubes under shifter cover should be tested by blowing compressed air in them.

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #7  
I had the splines of the pressure plate (which drives the transmission pump) on my JD 2030 fail.
New pressure plate fixed it.

Welcome to TBN
1st thing I suggest to do is remove hyd oil filter cover, place a clean drain bucket under opening then rotate engine crankshaft for 15 seconds & measure amount of oil in container. There should be 1.25-1.5 gallons in container. If there's less oil then trans pump/lines need a visual inspection. It's possible trans pump gear has broken. Does this tractor have hyd IPTO? If so the supply tubes under shifter cover should be tested by blowing compressed air in them.

I have live PTO. Took low pressure lines off at front pump and had no flow. Will check flow at filter.