Jd1020 hydraulic problems

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems
Took filter off and ran tractor. No fluid came out

Would I be able to drive it 300-400 yards to garage to work on it without doing any internal damage it is in field now

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #13  
Sounds as if trans pump has failed.

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #14  
Would I be able to drive it 300-400 yards to garage to work on it without doing any internal damage it is in field now
I would remove the front pump coupler to be safe.
I ASSUME you do NOT have HI-LO or Reverser transmission. If you have either of those transmissions, their clutch are pressurized by the transmission. So if you either of those transmission options DO NOT DRIVE IT!

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #15  
It might be the splines in your pressure plate that drive the shaft that drives the transmission pump that failed. These splines stripped out in my JD 2030. The local dealer service manager told me he has seen this before.
A clutch housing to engine split is easier/less costly to do than a transmission to clutch housing split.

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #16  
Zebrafive
Very good idea on possibility of stripped splines on trans pump drive shaft

Thanks for everyone’s help

Split tractor at engine and clutch Splines on pressure plates and shaft look ok haven’t taken pressure plate assembly apart yet. May change rear crank seal and throw out bearing while apart. Put back together then split at clutch transmission. To see what transmission pump looks like..

/ Jd1020 hydraulic problems #19  
Split tractor at engine and clutch Splines on pressure plates and shaft look ok haven’t taken pressure plate assembly apart yet. May change rear crank seal and throw out bearing while apart. Put back together then split at clutch transmission. To see what transmission pump looks like..
Can you turn the shaft that drives the transmission pump by hand?
Rear seal requires a special tool to install the new seal.
Be sure to use new packings (rubber washers) on the two oil lines to the lower right transmission case.
1020hydlines.JPG

Can you turn the shaft that drives the transmission pump by hand?
Rear seal requires a special tool to install the new seal.
Be sure to use new packings (rubber washers) on the two oil lines to the lower right transmission case. View attachment 700653