JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #1  

ford8n47

Finally got the ok from the wife to get a real tractor. Torn between B2620 vs. the JD2320. Tractor will be primarily used for mowing about 3 acres of lawn. Looking at the 60" MMM. FEL work will consist of moving compost, gravel, wood. Need a rotary tiller for 60x60 garden. And finally a box blade to level out the lawn. Some hills on edges of property. Checking all the posts it seems the Kubota will come in cheaper. I still have yet to go talk to a salesman. I'll probably start this weekend going to the dealers. I'm 6'5 240lb not sure if that will make a difference on the seat and platform. Main difference I can see is the 3 range hydro on the KUB vs. 2 range on the JD. Loader speed and strength are about = but the KUB comes out on top. Biggest delemma is the green vs. orange color. I like the green but, if the KUB come in thousand or so cheaper then that is the kind of green I really like. Have about 19k to spend. Just looking for someone to sell me on either machine. Thanks in advance.

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #2  
I don't own a 2320 I have a 2520 but honestly from what I've heard both the tractors are about equal. the 3 speed hydro is nice i'll admit but i've never once really needed it the 2 speed has covered my needs perfectly.

As far as price I paid 20K out the door for my 2520 with the 60 inch ramp on deck and the 200EX loader and 61inch bucket
So i'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting a 2320 for what your wanting to pay. Around here the Orange and Green where about the same price but I like my Deere dealer and he really has taken good care of me I think dealer support is a huge factor in buying a tractor.

For instance they hooked up one of my loader hoses wrong and when I lifted up the mower one of the pullies cut into it. I called them he was up there in 2 hours with a 445 mower for me to use and hauled the 2520 back to the shop they redid all the hoses and brought it back the next day. support like that is worth a ton to me.

Oh and green is a way better looking color :D haha

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620
Thanks, I guess I will come down to how the dealer treats me also. It's service after the sale that is important. I love the green but we will see. Any more info from others is appreciated.

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #5  
I don't own a 2320 I have a 2520 but honestly from what I've heard both the tractors are about equal. the 3 speed hydro is nice i'll admit but i've never once really needed it the 2 speed has covered my needs perfectly.

As far as price I paid 20K out the door for my 2520 with the 60 inch ramp on deck and the 200EX loader and 61inch bucket
So i'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting a 2320 for what your wanting to pay. Around here the Orange and Green where about the same price but I like my Deere dealer and he really has taken good care of me I think dealer support is a huge factor in buying a tractor.

For instance they hooked up one of my loader hoses wrong and when I lifted up the mower one of the pullies cut into it. I called them he was up there in 2 hours with a 445 mower for me to use and hauled the 2520 back to the shop they redid all the hoses and brought it back the next day. support like that is worth a ton to me.

*Oh and green is a way better looking color :D haha
*Nope orange is shrper.;)

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #6  
I think the biggest difference between them will be pedal configuration and maybe the loader control. I didn't care for the Kubota pedals when I rented one so I got the JD. Go sit on both of them to check the size of course.

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #7  
They are pretty close machines. I looked at them both and had I not had such a good relationship with my JD dealer, I would have strongly thought about the Kubota. That said I bought the 2320 and feel it is an outstanding tractor. I would say that JD (and not to smokescreen here) has those ergonomics downpat. This is an often overlooked part of a machine. There are features on the Kubota I really like, but sitting in the seat and using both machines, the JD really shines. It is comfortable and the controls are just perfect, something I have never felt about the Kubota product. In most cases, JD dealer support is top notch and tough to beat. Where I live, going Kubota will really make it challenging to get service and support in a timely fashion. My parents have another story. Where they live Kubota has a strong dealer so virtually no one buys green. The truth of this is that there is no better machine between these two. Either one would make you a machine you would use happily for years. The question to ask is which one do you want to see in your garage on Saturday AM when you go start er' up to use it. I think we might know what the answer is there.

John M

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #8  
If you plan on taking the MMM on/off any at all go with the JD due to the drive-over deck.. Easy as pie taking the mower on/off..

Im assuming the Kubota does not offer a driver over deck though..

Brian

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #9  
Edit - Double tap on the post button

Brian

/ JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620 #10  
Heck, you might even be able to get the B2920 and still come in at 19,000. My vote goes to the 2620 if not the 2920. More hp, and the 3 range tranny. Drive them both an try pulling a hill on the 2320 in High range and see how it pulls. If you have any hills to traverse, the 3 range will shine.