Jiffy Hitch System

/ Jiffy Hitch System #1  

msb1766

Platinum Member
Tractor
SC2450 Cub Cadet/Yanmar
Saw this on youtube today, another quick hitch product:

/ Jiffy Hitch System #2  
Cute. If you look at it on YouTube there's also a closeup of how the PTO connection works. There is a very short shaft that connects the PTO stub to the tractor-mounted part of the hitch. Then a PTO implement is permanently connected to the implement-mounted part of the hitch. A control connects the PTO in two hitch parts.

I see three issues:
1. All that PTO stuff is very convenient, but doesn't it make it expensive?
2. How does that very short shaft between the PTO stub and the hitch avoid putting the u-joints at too sharp an angle?
3. The whole thing looks like it moves the implement back 8 or 10 inches, which is evident in how bouncing the mower in the video raises the front end of the tractor.

/ Jiffy Hitch System #3  
Do I understand the video that you have to have matching adapter on each attachment to match unit on 3PH on tractor?... Seem to me if you have a lot of attachments it could get quite expensive...

Last edited:
   / Jiffy Hitch System #4  
Jiffy Hitch has been around for 30 years, the one with the built in PTO is new.

This is the basic system: https://www.jiffyhitchsystems.com/how-it-works/
jiffy hitch.JPG

female.JPG
male.JPG

Last edited:
   / Jiffy Hitch System #5  
I started with the most basic 3 point arms, moved up to an adjustable 3 point arm system and then to a quick hitch. The quick hitch is worth the cash for sure. My only gripe is with bushings or adaptors to make it fit right. This is me saying this in my 40's.

I bet something that hooks up both when I'm deep into my 60-70s would be worth every penny, but not now.

/ Jiffy Hitch System #6  
I started with the most basic 3 point arms, moved up to an adjustable 3 point arm system and then to a quick hitch. The quick hitch is worth the cash for sure. My only gripe is with bushings or adaptors to make it fit right. This is me saying this in my 40's.

I bet something that hooks up both when I'm deep into my 60-70s would be worth every penny, but not now.
I am a quick hitch fan as well. When you et all your implements to play nice with the QH, it is a beautiful day

/ Jiffy Hitch System #7  
Anybody use the Euro QH that uses the ball on implement lift pins?
I bought PAT weld on and they work but not as well as I expected.

/ Jiffy Hitch System #8  
Yes, it came standard on my tractor. In my opinion, the only QH that is worth getting. No breaking bolts like Pats or frames getting in the way, it just works. The issue with PATs is that it removes with ball joint of the lift arms and then puts everything on a bind till something snaps, usually the bolts.

@Avenger Has a great video installing a set on his tractor.

/ Jiffy Hitch System #9  
I have them on my Mahindra 7520 and plan on putting them on my Mahindra 3215 if I can ever find the time.
There is also a Euro QH for the top links.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.JPG
    IMG_2880.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3673.JPG
    IMG_3673.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
   / Jiffy Hitch System #10  

I put the ball and hook system on my tractor and I’m a very big fan.

Euro Style Quick Hitch Hooks on a Kubota L3301