John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #1  

mastercraftka

Silver Member
Tractor
1993 JD 6400 4wd
Ok so we have 4 sets. Two sets for the buck and the other two sets one works the grapple and the other is open for implements.

One set on the outside left side we have had to replace the SCV's 3 times already. They leak and couple times just blow out fluid everywhere. The set that is on the grapple I have been disconnecting and using for the grain drill, shredder and the disc harrow and it works most of the time but does leak down slowly and pops out often as well. They all seem to leak down even the bucket but that one set just keeps failing and I mean fluid everywhere.

The main issue is they as soon as you go up or down the hoses pop out. Fluid levels are good and not low and doesn't matter if we are idling or at 1800 rpms.

Obviously something is causing it to fail because after putting brand new scv's on there we are still having the same problem. It does seem to work for a while but eventually fails.

Any ideas? TIA mike

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #2  
Are you saying the hose pops out of the fitting? :confused:

At what pressure is the system operating? Sounds like a relief valve isn't working.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #3  
Usually two reasons quick disconnects come undone or leak.
1) hose is pulling on them during operation.
2) incorrect size or different style connected together.

pressure should not cause a disconnect to uncouple

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!
Usually two reasons quick disconnects come undone or leak.
1) hose is pulling on them during operation.
2) incorrect size or different style connected together.

pressure should not cause a disconnect to uncouple
Ok I certain that they are not getting pulling on because it does is when just sitting still. I have purposefully check that.

Just yesterday put a new set of connectors on and same result.

When we did change out the SCV's it seemed to work for awhile but always the same result.

Can the setting on the black knob above the remotes be in the wrong position to cause this? I have changed them in hopes this was part of the reason but doesn't seem to help or change anything.

At what pressure is the system operating? Sounds like a relief valve isn't working.
Hoses pop out of the SCV.

How can I tell what pressure it has?

Hey just saw you are from Lytle!! I am in Hondo.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #7  
How can I tell what pressure it has?
Put a high pressure gauge on it. I suspect you're over limit. Also, don't use Reusable Couplings (non-crimp fittings).

Yeah, I saw that you were in Hondo. (y) Great movie too. :giggle:

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #8  
I presumed you were stating the quick disconnect is coming uncoupled and not an actual fitting or hose end is failing. Is this correct? Quick disconnect coming apart should be very little oil loss so now I question what the failure is.

I presumed you were stating the quick disconnect is coming uncoupled and not an actual fitting or hose end is failing. Is this correct? Quick disconnect coming apart should be very little oil loss so now I question what the failure is.
Ok sorry about my lack of terminology, but the hydraulic line to the disc harrow is popping out of the SCV and the oil loss is coming from the middle of the SCV itself. Shooting sideways to the left tire mostly.

Put a high pressure gauge on it. I suspect you're over limit. Also, don't use Reusable Couplings (non-crimp fittings).

Yeah, I saw that you were in Hondo. (y) Great movie too. :giggle:
This are crimped and then the fittings screw on. I thought it might have been the cylinder on the disc harrow but it does in on the grain drill too and the the other remote right next to it pops off just not as often. It is hooked to the bucket grapple.

All the years growing up on a farm and thousands of hours plowing with multiple JD's I have never seen this issue.

Ya too bad the Movie wasn't about the town.