John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!
Update we took them to the JD dealer and they confirmed that the coupler and the hose fitting/nimple is the correct match.

Also talked to a JD mechanic and he said that they just fail and can't think anything else that would be wrong just that they are cheap and they go out. Evidently the outer orings can be replaced but not the inner one? He also said that if one is blowing out that the other one is the cause to replace it first.

Just not sure why they are failing this often.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #32  
Update we took them to the JD dealer and they confirmed that the coupler and the hose fitting/nimple is the correct match.

Also talked to a JD mechanic and he said that they just fail and can't think anything else that would be wrong just that they are cheap and they go out. Evidently the outer orings can be replaced but not the inner one? He also said that if one is blowing out that the other one is the cause to replace it first.

Just not sure why they are failing this often.

Maybe time to change couplers out for different brand and be sure male and female parts are same spec....

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #33  
Do you use any of these implements on other tractors? If yes do you have any problems with the other tractors?

Do you use any of these implements on other tractors? If yes do you have any problems with the other tractors?
We only have one tractor.

Maybe time to change couplers out for different brand and be sure male and female parts are same spec....
Ok went back to the JD parts man and low and behold another new part number came up so we are trying them to see if these are better.

I put the grapple on them and they worked for now and the old style right next to them blew out as usual.

I did not have time to hook up the disc harrow to try it but I am planning on doing that tonight. Here is the picture of the new outlets that they magically found. No return drain lines on this one for some reason.

Attachments

• unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • unnamed new.jpg
    unnamed new.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
   / John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #36  
JD has multiple quick couplers. I've only seen drains on the deluxe. Sometimes only one drain for the top one, or two and top drain plugged when used for the top position.

Did you buy any male hose ends too?

JD has multiple quick couplers. I've only seen drains on the deluxe. Sometimes only one drain for the top one, or two and top drain plugged when used for the top position.

Did you buy any male hose ends too?
Ya we check the drains on all of them and they were fine.

Those hose ends in the pic are for the grapple the new ones we did put on the disc harrow and both worked fine this weekend with the new couplers. Just holding my breath though because the "deluxe" style worked for awhile in the past as well and then failed.

So I plowed for about 3 hours and no problems as of yet with the new style couplers If these fail at some point there as to be something else causing it.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #38  
Im a week or so late to this thread, but dealt with the same thing on the neighbors 7130 deere.

He planted all his corn (~350 acres) and switched over to beans which he uses a 7430. But it had other issues and in a push to get done.....he started planting beans with the 7130. Got about half the 350 acres of beans done and the same thing started happening. 2 of the 3 sets of remotes would blow out the hoses. And those deluxe couplers werent something I was used to so had to rely on a little googling.

What I had concluded is that SOMETHING inside the deluxe coupler has failed and was allowing high pressure oil out of the coupler and trying to return it down the tiny drip line. This greated enough backpressure inside the deluxe housing of the coupler to actually MOVE the coupler itself and unseat. Same movement it makes when connecting or disconnecting, only rather than you manually making it move by hooking/unhooking....the hydraulic pressure was doing it. And the oil "leak" was just out the drip line. This was confirmed by trying to activate a coupler that had NO hoses hooked to it. You could see the coupler body itself move as if you were trying to connect or disconnect it.

This was also confirmed by JD dealer that yup....as you have learned....the couplers do go bad and spit out the hoses. And the replacements are more of just a standard coupler because they have had issues with the deluxe ones.

IF you actually take the time to disassemble the "deluxe" coupler....you will find that inside is pretty much just a basic female coupler. IT just has the housing around it to collect any bit that drips, and allows you to connect under pressure with a return path for the residual fluid.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #39  
Makes me glad my JD 6415 came with the less than deluxe couplers. No drains on the couplers or the dust caps.

Im a week or so late to this thread, but dealt with the same thing on the neighbors 7130 deere.

He planted all his corn (~350 acres) and switched over to beans which he uses a 7430. But it had other issues and in a push to get done.....he started planting beans with the 7130. Got about half the 350 acres of beans done and the same thing started happening. 2 of the 3 sets of remotes would blow out the hoses. And those deluxe couplers werent something I was used to so had to rely on a little googling.

What I had concluded is that SOMETHING inside the deluxe coupler has failed and was allowing high pressure oil out of the coupler and trying to return it down the tiny drip line. This greated enough backpressure inside the deluxe housing of the coupler to actually MOVE the coupler itself and unseat. Same movement it makes when connecting or disconnecting, only rather than you manually making it move by hooking/unhooking....the hydraulic pressure was doing it. And the oil "leak" was just out the drip line. This was confirmed by trying to activate a coupler that had NO hoses hooked to it. You could see the coupler body itself move as if you were trying to connect or disconnect it.

This was also confirmed by JD dealer that yup....as you have learned....the couplers do go bad and spit out the hoses. And the replacements are more of just a standard coupler because they have had issues with the deluxe ones.

IF you actually take the time to disassemble the "deluxe" coupler....you will find that inside is pretty much just a basic female coupler. IT just has the housing around it to collect any bit that drips, and allows you to connect under pressure with a return path for the residual fluid.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I haven't plowed alot yet with the new couplers(not the deluxe) but so far so good. Probably 4 or 5 hours.

I was told by someone that those deluxe couplers can not be repaired???