John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #21  
If the hose is blowing out of the quick connector... it is NOT failure of o-rings. O-rings only seal. The balls of the QC seated in the groove of the hose connector holds the hose on. If the balls are NOT fully seated and the locking ring of the QC holding them (balls) in the groove...then your hose gets blown out.

You have a mismatch between coupler and hose end.. no doubt in my mind.

You will not fix the issue until you correctly match the couplers with ALL the hose ends.

How do you know the hose ends are ISO 5675 ? I have a 1996 & 2015 Deere . OEM is ISO 7241 series A

Post a photo (showing the profile) and we'll confirm it to you

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!
If the hose is blowing out of the quick connector... it is NOT failure of o-rings. O-rings only seal. The balls of the QC seated in the groove of the hose connector holds the hose on. If the balls are NOT fully seated and the locking ring of the QC holding them (balls) in the groove...then your hose gets blown out.

You will not fix the issue until you correctly match the couplers with ALL the hose ends.

How do you know the hose ends are ISO 5675 ? I have a 1996 & 2015 Deere . OEM is ISO 7241 series A

I am going to try and verify tonight when I get back down to the ranch to look at the numbers.

Here is one that we took off but the same one and we got them from the JD dealer.

unnamed (6).jpg

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #24  
Those don't look like JD couplers. Those look like high pressure (10,000psi) couplers (TC-371). I've only seen those on automotive ram jacks and such--The locking sleeve stays back when released. If that's the case, the couplers are mismatched for typical tractor implements.

Back to post #13. We need to see the male side of the QC connectors.
Those are JD couplers. They are the deluxe version, made by Faster in Italy. The barbed fitting is for a "leak off" hoses. The upper will only have one barbed fitting at 6 o'clock, the lower two barbed fittings at 12 & 6 o'clock. Hoses are run to transmission fill.
Leakoff from dust cover will go to a collection container (oil might be contaminated)
6430deluxe.JPG
6420leakoff.JPG

Those are JD couplers. They are the deluxe version, made by Faster in Italy. The barbed fitting is for a "leak off" hoses. The upper will only have one barbed fitting at 6 o'clock, the lower two barbed fittings at 12 & 6 o'clock. Hoses are run to transmission fill.
Leakoff from dust cover will go to a collection container (oil might be contaminated)

Yes about the leak off hoses and they are free and clear nothing clogging them. I also cleaned the filler cap heard that somewhere. We changed the hydraulic oil less than a year ago might have 50 to 100 hrs on it. I know it could have been contaminated I guess from something else. I was thinking about pulling the screen out and giving it a look to see if I see anything.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #26  
Zebra5 : What hose fitting is specified for use with the Faster coupler ?

mastercraftka: Who put the pipe wrench on the coupler ?

Ha ha that would be my father in law!! This is not the one on the tractor right now that is failing, but it is exact same kind.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #28  
Now the question is what are the mating nipples and are they the correct style.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #30  

I agree, mismatch couplers.
Buy some male hose ends from a JD dealer

Faster is just the brand, so there may not be a specific coupler specified. I would think JD P/N AR94522, list $12.30 would work. There may be other P/Ns depending on what type of threads the coupler has for the hose end.

Those shown are the deluxe coupler, but they take the same male end as the standard couplers.