John Deere rep going to take tractor

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #131  
Many dealerships offer a mobile service for customers. So it isn’t unheard of
I spent about 10 years doing little other than road service for the dealer I worked for in New York. My truck was on the road almost every day and there was another that was out about half the time.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #132  
JD does seem to think a lot of there green paint. most of the dealers here are all msrp or better for their tractors and low ball trade ins.

everyone else is back and forth but deere is a constant high.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #133  
First time posting something like this! So I’m looking at purchasing a 1025R with loader, backhoe, and 60” mower deck. Had the quote and price looked good, said I’d take it but wanted the 84 month 0% financing. I got the e-sign and wasn’t able to look at it till that evening and the price was different than I thought it was going to be. So on the way home from picking up my kid from daycare I stopped at a different dealership just to see what I could get for a price from them. They are in the same dealer network and said they wouldn’t be able to sell me the tractor after figuring out a price because they didn’t want to step on any toes! I figured no problem I would just call the salesman when I get home and see what was up with the Price and I had a couple other questions anyway. At that point I didn’t even know what size bucket was on the loader or the bucket on the backhoe. So as I’m driving home I get a call and the guy states he’s the regional rep, and that he’s taking my name off the list and the tractor is going to be sold to someone else! I was like wait just a second I never said I didn’t want the tractor. He said it didn’t matter anymore, if I was at another place I didn’t want the tractor. I kept arguing that he couldn’t just take the tractor, finally I said let me talk to my salesman and get some answers to my questions. He said he would give me two hours and if the paper wasn’t signed the tractor would be going to someone else! Well at that point I’m mad and that takes a lot! And my salesman was trying to call 3 times as I’m trying to keep this guy from not holding my tractor and selling it to someone else. When I hang up I try to call my salesman back but he doesn’t answer, so I figure this rep had talked to him and he was calling to say I couldn’t have the tractor anymore. So now I’m really mad so when I get home I called a dealer not in their net work and they actually have what I’m looking for also. He wasn’t able to match the price but wasn’t far off. The only thing is is that they are 2+ hours away. But right now I’m at the point in the morning when I’m done with work, I might just call him back and tell him I’m going to buy from him. I would feel bad for the salesman loosing the sale, but if that’s the way I’m treated from their dealer network and I don’t even own the tractor yet I can only image how I would be treated in the future. What would you guys do in a situation like this?
Oh, this is simple. Call the corporate office ( MAIN OFFICE) and tear them a new one. Then but a different brand that will give you service. I would also write or call the actual owner and let him know what his store is losing business by this guy's attitude. I did this once with a product. I called several "dealers" and they were all jerks in one way or another, just plain bad attitudes of were just ignorant of the product they were dealers for. I called the actual manufacturer and sent them a detailed excel file of notes from each "dealer" that was repping their product. A few days later a regional guy called me and sold me the product direct at 50% off for taking the time to audit his dealers from a customer's point of view.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #134  
Pretty sure that's identical to mine except for the shade of blue. I paid a little under 19K including a 48" tiller and subsoiler/middlebuster.

That's called fraud. People go to jail for that.
Maybe, but corporations don't. I've heard of stuff like this in other companies as well.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #136  
Without knowing what the contract says how can you say fraud? Most likely the contract allows for a certain number of defective units to be shipped. It's normally not written that way. The contract may say that 85% of the parts must be good. If the supplying company is well above that number they could then send some defective units to meet their over all quota while still keeping below the maximum failure rate.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #137  
Without knowing what the contract says how can you say fraud? Most likely the contract allows for a certain number of defective units to be shipped. It's normally not written that way. The contract may say that 85% of the parts must be good. If the supplying company is well above that number they could then send some defective units to meet their over all quota while still keeping below the maximum failure rate.
Unless they ordered rocks, rocks aren't units, defective or otherwise.

If I ordered a box of bolts and they sent me rocks, I'd guess it was sent by accident but it certainly wouldn't remotely satisfy a contract for bolts in any way, and trying to pass them off as such to delay a contract's deadline would definitely be fraud.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #138  
Unless they ordered rocks, rocks aren't units, defective or otherwise.

If I ordered a box of bolts and they sent me rocks, I'd guess it was sent by accident but it certainly wouldn't remotely satisfy a contract for bolts in any way, and trying to pass them off as such to delay a contract's deadline would definitely be fraud.
Agreed and they would be loosing the contract anyway.
Not acceptable buisness practice, would be easy to cancel contract on more than one term found in most contracts I have seen.