Joining PVC to CPVC

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #1  

rbstern

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT225E, Yanmar 2210
I need to tap into a cold water line in my basement for an outside spigot. The line I need to tap is 3/4" CPVC, and I'm attaching it to 1/2" PVC. The outer dimensions of the CPVC are smaller than standard 3/4" PVC, but larger than 1/2" PVC. A typical PVC 3/4" to 1/2" T doesn't fit.

Any suggestions for adapters or techniques, would be appreciated.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #2  
Adapt to 3/4 pipe threads on each and screw together then glue.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #3  
Ok you need to out your 3/4 t in there come out of the t with a short piece of pipe need to use a make adapter threaded and a female adapter to transition from pvc to cove. That should work. Or use a threaded valve and a make adapter on each side.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #4  
Get a glue on threaded fitting for the cpvc and a glue on fitting of the opposite thread for pvc.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC
D'oh. Standard thread sizes.

Thanks, fellas.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #6  
if you are already using cpvc for cold water why not just stay with it and run your new line the same? just asking.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #7  
Shark bite fittings work great in this case.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC
if you are already using cpvc for cold water why not just stay with it and run your new line the same? just asking.

Even if I had realized the wrinkle in CPVC to PVC joints without having to ask here, PVC is easier to come by in our local stores, not to mention less expensive. The handful of fittings I needed to tie in were about $6 total. Would have spent signficantly more than that if I did the entire run (about 80 feet) in CPVC.

T fitting is done. Glue is drying now.

Thanks, all, for responding.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC #9  
I need to tap into a cold water line in my basement for an outside spigot. The line I need to tap is 3/4" CPVC, and I'm attaching it to 1/2" PVC. The outer dimensions of the CPVC are smaller than standard 3/4" PVC, but larger than 1/2" PVC. A typical PVC 3/4" to 1/2" T doesn't fit.

Any suggestions for adapters or techniques, would be appreciated.
Something not making sense as the OD for all sizes of sch 40 pvc and cpvc are the same regardless of size.

/ Joining PVC to CPVC
Something not making sense as the OD for all sizes of sch 40 pvc and cpvc are the same regardless of size.

That's what I thought. Not so, and I have the pipe pieces and adapters to prove it. :)